Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Inheritance Cycle Guild

Back to Guilds

The oldest guild for fans of the Inheritance Cycle on Gaia. 

Tags: eragon, eldest, brisingr, inheritance, paolini 

Reply Tronjheim (The Main Forum)
Guild Updates/History [24th Jan 2011]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

isidar_mithram
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:00 pm
UPDATES

24th January 2011 - New member has arrived! We warmly welcome Raine Sage of Sylvarant to our evergrowing ranks.

Name the Guild Mule contest coming along smoothly and rapidly approaching the first deadline. Several names have already been suggested, taken and invalid names weeded out already.

17th January 2011 - Damnit, now I'm confused. It's still the 16th where Minasia is, btw. The guild is clean. Now we're worrying about how we split forums, rename and then repopulate with threads.

Later the same day
New threads started. Name the Guild Mule Contest started. New subforum purchased. All forums renamed. Guild Announcement to go out later regarding the changes made.

16th January 2011 - Overhaul officially begins at 6:45 GMT - 5 because Minasia is a sleeping lazy-a**, but they begin nonetheless.

12th January 2011 - Guild overhaul to be held, starting on 16th January 2011. The duration of the renovations is yet to be discussed, decided, projected and communicated. Guild announcement to be made.

10th January 2011 - Isidar comes along. Prunes a few threads, makes minor rule adjustments. Considers the pros and cons of a guild-wide forum prune. All the old threads...have history. But while history is interesting, it's hard for the next generations to get stuck into. Let it be noted here also, that inactive members have been pruned. And we formally bid farewell to former Crew Members: Evarinya, Timelady42, Cartazz.

2nd January 2011 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Also, new "Show your face!" sticky thread added.

11th December 2010 - Two new members were accepted into the guild. Forums becoming more and more active each day. Project ICG Salvation's coming along nicely. Emergency last-minute Christmas guild event may be held within the next two weeks.

5th December 2010 - It's been over three years since this post was last updated. The guild's being revamped, forums replaced and remade, members removed and added and priorities are being put in their respective places. In dire need of more crew members! We welcome Isidar back from the dead.

The guild's main forum was cleaned up; threads with 4+ pages and/or containing information and discussions relevant to the books, that were interesting or just part of the guild's history were moved to Old and Archived. Members are welcomed to consult them but do not post in them.

Circa 2008 - Timelady42 attains crew status. Baulder on the other hand, falls from the ranks.

13th May 2007 - Baulder joins the crew as your average evil henchman. Don't be too cruel to him? twisted Okay..I REALLY haven't been paying attention to this..have I? I'll try to keep up. Where did the year go?

5th April 2007 - Wow..one year old. I had/have a banner, a new one done expecially for today although, I put it up tonight because it won't be the fifth for many of you until tomorrow. That's confusing..but I'll leave it up for a little while..maybe take it down Saturday..or tomorrow night.

13 March 2007 - Minasia joins the crew and subforum three, Roleplays and Games is finally here cause I went on a spending spree and didn't want to wast the remainder of my gold.

Circa 2 March 2007 - Name change: Official to Original. We can't really say we're official, after all.

28 February 2007 - Cartazzz is made a crew member - on her birthday too! Also end of summer - or winter. But not autumn or spring.

14 February 2007 - First off, Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Even though it's almost over, here, I'm sure where you are it's just beggining. Now, you may have noticed the little changes around. We're The Official ITG now and I made some quick animated banners - throwing me so far ahead of my Multimedia class...They're just flashing at the moment cause I can't be bothered to make them run but when I have time - like the Commonwealth Games Break - I'll do it running.

31 January 2007 - I'm back to school so I won't be around as often. I'll try t get on every day at least though! ^.^

24 January 2007 - Two subforums are up and running as of today, one bought with my own gold..hopefully, this will encourage others to join and current members to be more active. ^.^ Evarinya's been made a mod cause she's a great friend.

1 January 2007 - Happy New Year!!

31 December 2006 - Bluefuzzy has given ownership of this guild over to me, isidar_mithram. We need more banners, anyone care to make some?

30 November 2006 - Sorry. Been busy with school. And then I went to Oklahoma, so no internet contact. And then more school! Whee!

11 November 2006 - Not many new things happening, but we NEED a new banner worthy of the homepage! PLEASE give me some!

2 November 2006 - The actors in custume have been released. Make your own opinions at www.shurtugal.com. Also, before there was some unautherized footage from the movie in progress. Unfortunately, they took it down.

16 October 2006 - From now on I'm going to try and make weekly updates, even if it's to say that there are no updates. Or to tell you random things you really don't want to know. Either works.

10 October 2006 - Chii11 has left us. I'm really in shock and quite sad. She has made me, Bluefuzzy, the admin. *tear*

9 October 2005 - I've fixed up the guild a bit. I made the threads a little cleaner, Blue-chan has banned inactive members, but if you are one of the members that have been banned and actually -want- to start being active then feel free to re-apply anytime. ^-^

ALSO! In the banners section, I've added to the code a link so that when you put it in your sig, people can just click on the picture and it'll go to the guild home. :3

23 August 2005 - ELDEST IS RELEASED!!!

14 August 2005 - I added new headlines for my posts. Also, a quiz will be made and gold can be won for correct answers. The quiz should be released some time after Eldest is.

5 August 2005 - I will be leaving for Utah on August 11th for one week and one day. I will definitly have access to multiple computers and extremely fast connection, but I'll be really busy so I probably won't be on that much until I get back. ^-^;

23 July 2005 - Isidar_mithram has been given the mad mod powers of the Gods.

27 May 2005 - I will be gone for four days until late on Monday or early Tuesday because I'll be attending Fanime con '05. Talk to you all on Tuesday. 3nodding

May 2005 - Bluefuzzy has been made a mod. :]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:02 pm
GUILD HISTORY

This guild was originally created by Chii11 because she loves Eragon and Eldest and saw that there was no other Inheritance Trilogy Guild up and running. So, take pride in knowing that you are a member of the very first Inheritance Trilogy Guild, hereby dubbed the I.T.G. (well, it's a cycle now and the name has changed to reflect that!)

After awhile, when the I.T.G. was fully thriving, Chii11 decided it was time for her to leave Gaia in pursuit of the real world. Good luck to her whereever she is. She handed the torch on to Bluefuzzy who stuck around for a good chunk of time before deciding it was her turn to disappear too. She handed it on to isidar_mithram.

isidar_mithram encountered problems in her real world and, from the period of 2007, 2008 onwards, proceeeded to drop off the face of Gaia. Until, that is, she came back in contact with Minasia.

There was a brief period which shall henceforth be known as the reign of Baulder. The story goes that isidar hired him on to watch over the guild while she could not.And that is all that shall be said on the matter.

Which brings us to now. With much of the guild dead or dying,
isidar and minae wrestle with the best ways to resucitate a guild.

And that, my dears, is the history of this guild.

isidar_mithram
Captain

Tronjheim (The Main Forum)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces