Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Inheritance Cycle Guild

Back to Guilds

The oldest guild for fans of the Inheritance Cycle on Gaia. 

Tags: eragon, eldest, brisingr, inheritance, paolini 

Reply Tronjheim (The Main Forum)
WE HAVE A DATE [spoilers!] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

isidar_mithram
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:55 am
OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. DID YOU SEE IT?

DID YOU SEE IT?!?

For those of you who aren't subscribed to the Alagaesia newsletter (or haven't checked your email yet)

The next (and last) book is called Inheritance and will be released on November 8th this year.

Inheritance.

November 8th.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"The burning questions asked by fans around the world will finally be answered in this last installment," says Christopher Paolini. "All will be revealed!"

Please excuse my overexcitedness. I've had a massively full day of uni and checking through my emails, I kinda jumped in excitedness. You know what? STICKY.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:00 am
And now I'll pull straight from the press release.

New York, NY (Ma rch 23, 2011)—Eagerly awaited by millions around the world, the triumphant conclusion to Christopher Paolini’s Inheritance cycle will arrive this fall, it was announced today by Nancy Hinkel, Vice President, Publishing Director of Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers, an imprint of Random House Children’s Books (www.randomhouse.com/teens). Following the #1 bestselling novels Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr, the fourth and final book in the series will be titled INHERITANCE, a fitting designation for the concluding novel in Paolini’s epic fantasy.

“The burning questions asked by fans around the world will finally be answered in this last installment,” said Christopher Paolini. “All will be revealed!”

INHERITANCE will have a first printing of 2.5 million copies and will be published on November 8, 2011, in the United States and Canada, and simultaneously by Random House in the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand. It will carry a suggested U.S. retail price of $27.99. INHERITANCE will also be published by Random House in Germany; the publication date will be announced shortly.

“The publication of INHERITANCE brings a dramatic and satisfying close to one of the best-loved fantasy series in recent publishing history,” commented Hinkel. “Now, both new readers and established fans can enjoy the full story without interruption for the very first time.” Michelle Frey, Executive Editor with Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers, who worked with Paolini on Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr is also the editor of INHERITANCE

INHERITANCE will be published simultaneously in the United States as an ebook. It will also be available as an audiobook from Random House’s Listening Library division. Publication will be supported by a major marketing and publicity campaign that includes movie theater advertising, national television advertising, national print advertising, and a 10-city author tour that will launch in New York, New York, on November 8, 2011. The stunning green dragon on the cover of INHERITANCE was illustrated by the renowned John Jude Palencar, illustrator of the Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr covers.

All #1 New York Times bestsellers in the United States, Eragon Eldest and Brisingr have been international sensations. To date, there are 49 foreign-language licenses for Eragon alone, and together the first three books in the series have sold 25 million copies worldwide. In its first day on sale in North America in September 2008, Brisingr sold more than 550,000 hardcover copies in one day, making Brisingr the greatest single-day sale ever recorded for a Random House Children’s Books title—hardcover or paperback—and the fastest selling title in the publisher’s history.

Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers is an imprint of Random House Children’s Books, (www.randomhouse.com/kids), the world’s largest English-language children’s trade book publisher. Random House Children’s Books is a division of Random House, Inc., whose parent company is Bertelsmann AG, a leading international media company.  

isidar_mithram
Captain

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:46 am
THERE ARE NO WORDS TO EXPRESS MY ELATION.

I HAVE BEEN WAITING YEARS FOR THIS. MY FATHER AND MOTHER WILL BE SO HAPPY. MAYBE MY BROTHER SHOULD KNOW TOO BUT I DON'T THINK HE CARES ALL THAT MUCH ANYMORE.

OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD

OH MY GOD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:24 pm
HORRAY! *jumps up and down like mad, puts on my Inheritance OC costume, and runs around the house swinging my hand-and-a-half sword*
I found out 2 days ago, I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!

I'M GONNA BUY THE BOOK FIRST DAY IT'S OUT!
I'M COMING, MURTY!!!!!!!

*comes off of fangirl high* Okay... I'm recovered... somewhat.  

doublelifegirl357

Light Warrior

8,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

isidar_mithram
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:35 am
I WOULD PREORDER IT IF I KNEW WHICH SIDE OF THE WORLD I'D BE ON COME NOVEMBER. stare  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:22 pm
I'm gonna force my parents to drive me to the bookstore so I can get it at midnight (that or I'll take driving lessons over the summer so I can drive myself--I'm sixteen!)
Hmm, should I get a green car to match the new dragon, a red car to match my OC's dragon, or a red car to match Thorn? *ponders*
Oh, and just an observation: are all of the currently active members here girls? I am.  

doublelifegirl357

Light Warrior

8,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

isidar_mithram
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:53 am
I was thinking this morning that I'd go red car and then throw in bits of gold coloured stuff. Or a goldy coloured car if that colour of car exists...with a car I would want...and then add red stuff. And I'd call her Fira. heart

You could get a red car for both reasons! Besides, you don't know what the green dragon is like yet...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:19 pm
Oops... the one to match my OC's dragon should've been brown, not red... though I'm not sure how good a brown car would look, TBH...  

doublelifegirl357

Light Warrior

8,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Misty_wolf_of Alagaesia

Quotable Guildswoman

6,550 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:21 pm
Just found out today I'm still on cloud nineteen!!So who thinks that the last dragon egg will hatch and be....green! lol  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:11 pm
My hypothesis is that it already hatched. We just don't know about it yet....

Naw im kidding.. But who will it hatch for???  

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Misty_wolf_of Alagaesia

Quotable Guildswoman

6,550 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:40 pm
I don't maybe it will be Arya! or least we can wish. I don't think it will be though. but I do think it will be an elf, Anybody agree with me?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:27 pm
Im going towards Rowan right now, but it doesnt seem like something he would do personality wise. I have nailed him as the next king. its more than fitiing for him.... I suppose that being a dragon rider kinda makes since sue to bloodline if the dragon rider trait spurs from Selena's line.
It does make most sense for a human to become the next rider due to extreme power lack that humans have in comparison to the the elven race and also Murtagh and presumably Galby. though i suppose that this power indefference could be taken care of at the Vault of souls if my other hypothesis is correct. sorry Ive been thinking about these things for along time with no outlet.  

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200

doublelifegirl357

Light Warrior

8,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:07 pm
My vote is Roran because of the fact that Eragon, Murtagh, and Roran are the main characters. According to CP, the story was always the tale of these three "sudo-brothers".
There's an interview at the end of the BRISINGR audiobook that I've livened to way too many times...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:39 pm
Oh that makes good sense then. But i like the theory that Roran becomes the king. and whoever has the last dragon dies or something c'cause that dream he had near the begining only had 2 dragons. or better yet, Eragon dies, that would make me happy because I like when main characters die in sacrifice of a cause.  

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:27 am
I actually don't think that Roran would be the third (or fourth, if you include Oromis) rider. And I don't think it would be Arya, either; that would feel way too predictable and sort of inconvenient. Imagine what her mother would say.

I really wish it would be a dwarf, just 'cause. I think I remember there being an argument about that at some point, and I sort of agreed. Dragons are so racists. = u= A little love for the people of lesser stature, please.

As for who should/will be king... I really don't know. I think Eragon once made it clear that he had no desire to be in a position of power like that and I couldn't blame him. But I don't think that Roran should be up on the throne either. He doesn't really have any knowledge of politics, and I think I better see him heading an army or a fleet of ships than, well. A country.

OH MY GOD don't even dare wish Eragon dead. I'm all for big characters dying for a cause (Brom, anyone?) but killing off the main character like this would be way too dramatical and wouldn't leave a very positive impression. If anyone died, it would have to be in the range of the lesser characters. Angela could die. What a shock that would be. I love that woman to death. And her crazy were-cat thing.

Long post is long. Sorry. I get rambly in the morning.

Tronjheim (The Main Forum)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff