• Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:54 am
Are you really making me choose D:
I dont think I can.
X___x  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:21 pm
Well I'll just start it off with I believe Chris Redfield is better when you look at their backgrounds and credentials.

U.S. Air Force Pilot
S.T.A.R.S. (S.W.A.T. equivalent)
B.S.A.A. (One of the founding members)
Saved the world from complete global saturation

vs

Rookie Cop
Government Agent
Saved the world from Saddler's Las Plagas (I don't believe he necessarily saved it from any real threat)
Saved the President's useless daughter  

Imperialist American
Vice Captain

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:29 pm
I think Chris is better.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:54 pm
While he was decent in RE2, Leon now plays out like the template "cool and mysterious" character from any bad anime. He was nothing but a caricature of himself in Degeneration.  

Little Motel
Crew

TheBurritoBandit

Loyal Genius

8,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:58 pm
I honestly think Leon and Chris are tied.I like Leon alot better because i see him as more of a badass but yes Chris was a weapons master,former military vet and BSAA and S.T.A.R.S operative and Leon was only a Cop,Government Agent.But i see it as for Leon to not have as much experience he was a pretty damn dangerous foe to just about any threat that was thrown at him.Leon had the reflexes and martial art ability of a cat combined with half of Jet Li's ability's.He had to do alot of stuff and I see it as Chris having a bit more physical help(as in help in combat) then Leon.Ada was more of an intel help then actually helping him out in battle but Leon wouldve had some trouble in the barn with Mendez(scratch that.He shot the barrel and couldve killed everyone but Mendez) not to mention the plagas was equally trouble in both games.As leon dealt with incredibly fast spider plaga while Chris had flying plaga weaving every shot.Leon may not have had as much credentials as Chris but the things he has fought made him tougher for it and with him fighting 2 El Gigantes at once while having to deal with plaga slowly killing him throughout the game.There is alot of other stuff that could be said that seems to make Chris better that could be canceled out by what Leon has done and vice-versa. But if they both pulled a gun on each other they would wreck each other.But that's just my opinion.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:35 pm
KI773RSHADOW
I honestly think Leon and Chris are tied.I like Leon alot better because i see him as more of a badass but yes Chris was a weapons master,former military vet and BSAA and S.T.A.R.S operative and Leon was only a Cop,Government Agent.But i see it as for Leon to not have as much experience he was a pretty damn dangerous foe to just about any threat that was thrown at him.Leon had the reflexes and martial art ability of a cat combined with half of Jet Li's ability's.He had to do alot of stuff and I see it as Chris having a bit more physical help(as in help in combat) then Leon.1. Ada was more of an intel help then actually helping him out in battle but Leon wouldve had some trouble in the barn with Mendez(scratch that.He shot the barrel and couldve killed everyone but Mendez)2. not to mention the plagas was equally trouble in both games.As 3. leon dealt with incredibly fast spider plaga while Chris had flying plaga weaving every shot.Leon may not have had as much credentials as Chris but the things 4. he has fought made him tougher for it and with him fighting 2 El Gigantes at once while having to deal with plaga slowly killing him throughout the game.There is alot of other stuff that could be said that seems to make Chris better that could be canceled out by what Leon has done and vice-versa. But if they both pulled a gun on each other they would wreck each other.But that's just my opinion.

1. In Resident Evil 4 Ada drops him a rocket launcher to defeat Saddler, keys to escape the Island before it blew up, rang the church bell to halt the villagers assault on Leon, and in RE2 again drops Leon another rocket launcher. This was a great deal of support in my opinion other than just intel.

2. That is incorrect. The Plagas in Resident Evil 5 was an upgraded version of the Las Plagas in Resident Evil 4. In Resident Evil 4 the Plagas was inferior in numerous ways and had to be injected into the host, which took a very long time for it to eventually take over its host. Early in Resident Evil 5 we see the Plagas being put into its hosts mouth and the Plagas taking over within seconds also allowing it to mature much faster. The Plagas in Resident Evil 4 were unable to withstand sunlight and only came out at night, however in Resident Evil 5 they are able to withstand sunlight. The new Plagas in Resident Evil 5 also generated many more forms, and even more powerful enemies such as the village people's Giant Majini (The one with the giant mask and had a creepy war cry).

3. I don't think Leon's fast walking bugs had anything on the Reapers in Resident Evil 5. Their speed combined with a one hit kill and a very limited weak spot I believe made them much tougher opponents. Even the fact that if you miss their weak spot they immediately cover it up and emit gasses to make it harder to get a clear shot on their body while they advance on you for their one hit kill.

4. Back to the previous argument the El Gigantes had one parasite that was easily taken out with a knife. However, Ndesu, which is the El Gigante in Resident Evil 5 had multiple updated Plagas in his body, and one giant Plagas in its back. The fact that a knife was able to do so much harm to the Plagas in El Gigantes, and the fact that two machine gun turrets with at least one of them having to be at least a .50 cal took so long to destroy Ndesu should back up its superiority.  

Imperialist American
Vice Captain

TheBurritoBandit

Loyal Genius

8,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:09 pm
2nd Lt
KI773RSHADOW
I honestly think Leon and Chris are tied.I like Leon alot better because i see him as more of a badass but yes Chris was a weapons master,former military vet and BSAA and S.T.A.R.S operative and Leon was only a Cop,Government Agent.But i see it as for Leon to not have as much experience he was a pretty damn dangerous foe to just about any threat that was thrown at him.Leon had the reflexes and martial art ability of a cat combined with half of Jet Li's ability's.He had to do alot of stuff and I see it as Chris having a bit more physical help(as in help in combat) then Leon.1. Ada was more of an intel help then actually helping him out in battle but Leon wouldve had some trouble in the barn with Mendez(scratch that.He shot the barrel and couldve killed everyone but Mendez)2. not to mention the plagas was equally trouble in both games.As 3. leon dealt with incredibly fast spider plaga while Chris had flying plaga weaving every shot.Leon may not have had as much credentials as Chris but the things 4. he has fought made him tougher for it and with him fighting 2 El Gigantes at once while having to deal with plaga slowly killing him throughout the game.There is alot of other stuff that could be said that seems to make Chris better that could be canceled out by what Leon has done and vice-versa. But if they both pulled a gun on each other they would wreck each other.But that's just my opinion.

1. In Resident Evil 4 Ada drops him a rocket launcher to defeat Saddler, keys to escape the Island before it blew up, rang the church bell to halt the villagers assault on Leon, and in RE2 again drops Leon another rocket launcher. This was a great deal of support in my opinion other than just intel.

2. That is incorrect. The Plagas in Resident Evil 5 was an upgraded version of the Las Plagas in Resident Evil 4. In Resident Evil 4 the Plagas was inferior in numerous ways and had to be injected into the host, which took a very long time for it to eventually take over its host. Early in Resident Evil 5 we see the Plagas being put into its hosts mouth and the Plagas taking over within seconds also allowing it to mature much faster. The Plagas in Resident Evil 4 were unable to withstand sunlight and only came out at night, however in Resident Evil 5 they are able to withstand sunlight. The new Plagas in Resident Evil 5 also generated many more forms, and even more powerful enemies such as the village people's Giant Majini (The one with the giant mask and had a creepy war cry).

3. I don't think Leon's fast walking bugs had anything on the Reapers in Resident Evil 5. Their speed combined with a one hit kill and a very limited weak spot I believe made them much tougher opponents. Even the fact that if you miss their weak spot they immediately cover it up and emit gasses to make it harder to get a clear shot on their body while they advance on you for their one hit kill.

4. Back to the previous argument the El Gigantes had one parasite that was easily taken out with a knife. However, Ndesu, which is the El Gigante in Resident Evil 5 had multiple updated Plagas in his body, and one giant Plagas in its back. The fact that a knife was able to do so much harm to the Plagas in El Gigantes, and the fact that two machine gun turrets with at least one of them having to be at least a .50 cal took so long to destroy Ndesu should back up its superiority.
Well at first they were making Chris have a solo game but instead featured Sheva and co-op.So if you think about it.Chris alone wouldve faced the same things Leon dealt with but just enhanced.I wasnt really referring with reapers at the Novistadors in RE4 were a lesser danger than reapers and i know about reapers.Creepy annoying little turds.I know about the plagas being enhanced in every way especially U3 to U8.Only thing i have against capcom and Chris is the damn boulder.In reality he wouldve broken his damn hand and maybe couldve pushed it into the lava.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:22 pm
And I hate Capcom for Leon's bs laser dodging sequence.
I guess you can say both are just a display of both of their strengths.

To be honest I don't see why you brought up many of the things you did in the first place when you already knew everything I responded with.  

Imperialist American
Vice Captain

TheBurritoBandit

Loyal Genius

8,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:27 pm
Honestly i cant think straight today.I honestly see Leon as more of a badass and yeah i can see how the laser seen was bs but it was pretty fricking sweet.The boulder was ,eh.I mean he punched the crap outta of a boulder thats pretty cool the first few times but i can see the laser a few more times before it gets boring.Anyways i wouldve put up more of a fight but im tired.Not to mention its insanely hot and its getting to me aswell.I'll try and redeem myself on a saturday.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:41 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh1g8JS5lhM

Then allow this to justify the boulder scene.  

Imperialist American
Vice Captain

TheBurritoBandit

Loyal Genius

8,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:03 pm
2nd Lt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh1g8JS5lhM

Then allow this to justify the boulder scene.
XD!HA!That music added to it aswell as the top comment.That was the funniest thing i have seen all day.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:23 am
Depends.

Overall, I'm kind of nostalgic with Chris. Like, he's the main protagonist of RE. Ya know?

As a strong character... Chris has better credentials. I'm not going into past experience and what they did. Chris is the BSAA guy, he's doing stuff with saturation. Leon is with gov, he's saving Ashley. In a fight against one another, who would win? I can't really say, honestly.

Something tells me Chris unless an unexpected something happens.

But I still REALLY like Leon. Yes, he's pretty. But the games he was in were pretty damn enjoyable. RE2 is one of my favorites.

Leon is also a bit more interesting as a character. Chris is kind of a generic character when it comes down to it. In 1, that's what he really came off as. But in a good way.

In 2 Leon was on his first day of the force which is interesting.

Not to say Leon has a megaton of pregame history but I dunno.

Anyone get what I'm saying? /it's late and I'm rambling  

Do It Try It

Romantic Cat

9,300 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Jinx313

5,875 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100