Welcome to Gaia! ::

Truly Dedicated Roleplayers

Back to Guilds

The poppin' place for invigorating reolplays and roleplayers!! 

Tags: Dedicated, Literature, Anime, Manga, Games 

Reply Brainstorm!
Nihon alternate

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saita Nagyo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:14 pm
I'm thinking about doing an action/ war sandbox rp based on historical japan around 1050-1065. where players actions effect events due to their actions. (E.G.: samurai A sneaks up and kills samurai B dishonoring samurai A and causing a blood feud between clan A and B possibly ending in a short civil war.)

each player will assume the role of one person, this does not have to be a historical figure you are free to make up a clan name and a given name as you wish. Many players may join together under a clan, this is something that I personally support if this rp gets up and going. This rp would also be able to take new joins at any time due to population growth and new samurai coming of age.

Any one else like this idea?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:12 pm
It's not the type of RP that I'm personally into, but the idea does sound cool. ^_^  

Heliko pylori

Dapper Darling

x_amarant coral_x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:10 pm
It sounds neat, but I'm a little confused on how it would all work. Would you mind elaborating on it in greater detail?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:12 am
It will run like a normal action rp, but will involve some placed events to give the players and their groups some extra challenge. (E.G.: The Spanish arrival.) These will give the clans something to make decisions on other than the conflicts and trails going on in inter clan relations. Also Clan samurai are not the only type of person a character the players can be they could be a Buddhist/ Shinto monk, a Ronin samurai, Clan/ Ronin courtier, or ninja.

Players will have a hand in the forming of alliances, and wars. their actions will decide what blood feuds are going and wether they trade with the outside forces for better armor and weapons, or maintain a pure concept of Japan.  

Saita Nagyo

Saita Nagyo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:23 am
Any thing else?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:01 am
I like the idea! If you ever post it, I'll join it.  

x_amarant coral_x

Saita Nagyo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:10 am
o.k., I just have to finish researching the last little bits the opening posts will include the rules each kind of character must follow and a bit of the history.  
Brainstorm!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games