Submit

pig_girl

Benevolent Hoarder

14,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:26 pm
the ones with big silent bits that are where they just block all sound for where they were saying a "bad" word. i dont give a rip if the music says ******** in it. its not like its the message of the song to spout swear words every 5 seconds, but its annoying to have the breaks in good songs. and sometimes they arnt even real swear words.like in Kid rock's song "picture", why silence the word cocaine?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:10 pm
Tell me about it. They spend more money putting silent bits, than simply broadcasting the song.  

MisterMaurice

Conversationalist

Daypaw
Captain

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:47 pm
User Image

"With Deadly Grace."

I hate it. I prefer it when they use alternative 'clean' versions with alternative lyrics recorded in- but I hate that awkward silence. I forget what song I was listening to, but there came a point where there was more silence than music and you couldn't understand a word that was being said.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:49 pm
I find it worse when they beep.
Totally distracts from the song, even worse than the silence I think.  

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

Skyscraper Opera

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:10 am
Well people are pretty stupid these days so...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:16 am
Skyscraper Opera
Well people are pretty stupid these days so...
As your Sig implies. lol  

MisterMaurice

Conversationalist

LadyoftheGreenKirtle

Angelic Zealot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:58 am
I kno what you mean. I hate it too. I am a huge Marianas Trench fan, and they do swear in the songs, but always to prove something. If you remove the swear from song, you loose some of the meaning and emotion in it aswell. At least from my experience you do.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:04 pm
yeah, im not a big "pop" fan, i mostly listen to country, but i like the pink song "******** perfect" and in the radio version that in used to , she just says "you are" for a few more beats, like "yoouuu aaarrree" instead of "you are" and thats FINE, but the cd i just got it from is just "you are ____ perfect" and toby keith has a song that he says, in ALL versions off it, fit hit the shan, instead of s**t hit the fan, which my mom and i think is really cute  

pig_girl

Benevolent Hoarder

14,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Alchemy Level 7 100

Daypaw
Captain

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:30 pm
User Image

"With Deadly Grace."

The one that always irritated me the most was Little Lion Man. It's such a great song, and in the chorus it goes "I really ******** it up this time, didn't I my dear?"

...There is no replacement word, always just silence.

I HATE it. It's so obvious because you hear the beginning of the FU and the ED at the end. They're not even censoring it well.

Randomness

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games