How to Fix Downvoting Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this a Good idea or Bad idea?
  Good
  Bad
  Needs Improvement (I will provide my opinion to better the idea)
View Results

Yun San
Captain

Friendly Firestarter

12,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:25 am
In the arenas downvoting seems rampant. Most notice that downvoting occurs within the first day or so making it impossible to regain a higher avg. Here is an idea that I've come up with to battle against this.

Monday- Only 5 stars allowed (Making it so that only 5 stars could be selected)
Tuesday- 5 and 4 stars allowed
Wednesday- 5,4 and 3 stars allowed
Thursday- 5,4,3 and 2 stars allowed
Friday- 5,4,3,2 and 1 star votes allowed (which gives the haters two days to hate all they want without damaging the avg's too much)

I really think this is fair. If people want to 1 star on a Monday they can wait until friday to 1 star the entry they hate. Also when people 1 star vote an entry they should be forced to provide a comment as to why they rated 1 star (maybe even a list of the namesand what they voted could be listed). That way intimidation will prevent 1 star ratings that have no reason. If the person that rates a 1 on the entry does not have a viable reason as to why they voted a 1 star then it can be reported for mods or admins to decide to void that vote.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:27 am
As much as I love this idea. The mods won't go for it. It's great, but complex, and the whole "reporting 1 star votes without a reason" will probably be overwhelming for them. Because then people who enter crap avis will think every 1 star vote is an invalid reason, and will probably report them all.
I've dealt with a lot of downvoting myself, and I just deal with it, cuz I know that every now and then I win, and thats good enough for me smile  

Chandler The Mermaid

Fashionable Consumer

13,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Survivor 150
  • Trick or Treat 100

moonlite dreamer

Sweet Lunatic

37,575 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:36 am
Chandler The Mermaid
As much as I love this idea. The mods won't go for it. It's great, but complex, and the whole "reporting 1 star votes without a reason" will probably be overwhelming for them. Because then people who enter crap avis will think every 1 star vote is an invalid reason, and will probably report them all.
I've dealt with a lot of downvoting myself, and I just deal with it, cuz I know that every now and then I win, and thats good enough for me smile

^ Agreed. I don't even mind flames, but I would love a reason as to why I get downvoted so I can improve 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:41 am
moonlite dreamer
Chandler The Mermaid

^ Agreed. I don't even mind flames, but I would love a reason as to why I get downvoted so I can improve 3nodding

Oh yes! I say that if a 2 or a 1 is given, a comment is required in order for the vote to be processed.  

Chandler The Mermaid

Fashionable Consumer

13,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Survivor 150
  • Trick or Treat 100

Yun San
Captain

Friendly Firestarter

12,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:05 pm
Chandler The Mermaid

true about the viewpoint of others thinking every 1 star is unjustified but still they should be required to provide a comment (a valid reason) as to why they voted a 1 star. As for it being complicated Is not Zomg and all the other games complicated so why shouldn't the arenas be as well?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:10 pm
moonlite dreamer
Chandler The Mermaid

Yea too many people vote and not leave comments or constructive criticism (whitout it being rude criticism)  

Yun San
Captain

Friendly Firestarter

12,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Chandler The Mermaid

Fashionable Consumer

13,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Survivor 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:20 am
Yun San
Chandler The Mermaid

true about the viewpoint of others thinking every 1 star is unjustified but still they should be required to provide a comment (a valid reason) as to why they voted a 1 star. As for it being complicated Is not Zomg and all the other games complicated so why shouldn't the arenas be as well?

True, very true.
I say a comment is required for 1-2 stars. Thats my final verdict.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:02 pm
Chandler The Mermaid
Yun San
Chandler The Mermaid

True, very true.

yes and the part where u cant vote low on mondays  

Yun San
Captain

Friendly Firestarter

12,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Chandler The Mermaid

Fashionable Consumer

13,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Survivor 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:40 pm
Yun San
Chandler The Mermaid
Yun San
Chandler The Mermaid

True, very true.

I never did understand why the lowest votes I recieved were always on Mondays :  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:04 pm
Chandler The Mermaid
Yun San
Chandler The Mermaid
Yun San
Chandler The Mermaid

True, very true.

its the downvoters way of damaging your AVG to the point where its hard for it (AVG) to go up  

Yun San
Captain

Friendly Firestarter

12,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Chandler The Mermaid

Fashionable Consumer

13,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Survivor 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:13 am
Yun San
Chandler The Mermaid
Yun San
Chandler The Mermaid
Yun San
Chandler The Mermaid

True, very true.

its the downvoters way of damaging your AVG to the point where its hard for it (AVG) to go up

Does that work?
Cuz I'll start out with a 2.5 rating, and then 20 minutes later, I've ranked at number 12.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:30 pm
Chandler The Mermaid
Yun San
Chandler The Mermaid
Yun San
Chandler The Mermaid

True, very true.

Does that work?
Cuz I'll start out with a 2.5 rating, and then 20 minutes later, I've ranked at number 12.

well usually ppl are attacked by alot of downvoters at the beginning  

Yun San
Captain

Friendly Firestarter

12,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Chandler The Mermaid

Fashionable Consumer

13,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Survivor 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:53 pm
Yun San
Chandler The Mermaid
Yun San
Chandler The Mermaid
Yun San
Chandler The Mermaid

True, very true.

Does that work?

I must be lucky. That only happens to me on occasion.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:00 pm
Chandler The Mermaid
Yun San
Chandler The Mermaid
Yun San
Chandler The Mermaid

Does that work?

I must be lucky. That only happens to me on occasion.

yea you gotta be on ppl's good side not to  

Yun San
Captain

Friendly Firestarter

12,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Arenas

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff