popular gwen stefani songs
View Results

AmethystHeart

2,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:12 am
It seems the trend for this years ISCGA season is ballads. And I don't know about you, but I think ballads have pretty sabre work. I'm so obsessed with sabre, I never want to spin rifle. But whatever, our directors want to do a ballad next year and I'm so excited.

Ballads anyone?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:12 am
I've never heard of ballad performances ._. What are they like?

tigerishdragon

AmethystHeart

2,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:57 pm
tigerishdragon
I've never heard of ballad performances ._. What are they like?
They're like a really slow song that has a lot of dance and sabre work instead of big flag features and rifles. And they're really pretty, I wish our school had done a ballad  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:13 pm
Ballads are for the weak. Fast and furious all the way baby! With lots of hard features and special tricks! Like our show!

Our entire guard spins rifle for a section of the show and do a unison triple with a touch the ground under it. Then there's a 12 person rifle line, then a 6 person rifle and sabre, then the sabre's get the rifle line's rifles for a five, and then the saber/rifle line do some tosses up front and then we have a big unison flag feature.  

[Estelle]

Questionable Informer

Squawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:45 am
I am stronger at the fast work, the hardcore rifle and flag stuff, but I do love my sabre, too...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:47 pm
Yea...I do prefer fast work...(but I've only used flags so I can't say much. But from what I've seen with slow and fast songs I would much rather do fast work with maybe a little slow part (as my spring guard did so we could rest after a lot of fast and furious work) sweatdrop

tigerishdragon

Neekroo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:50 am
I really couldn't pick the best kind of show. Ballads may be really pretty sometimes, but done badly and they're pukey and boring.
On the other hand, a Gwen Stefani show may sound stupid, but with great writing and dedicated members, it could be the best show out there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:59 pm
The beginning of our show is really balladlike and pretty, but we pretty much take on all these tricks and nifty things, then the music keeps getting faster ande crazier by the moments!  

[Estelle]

Questionable Informer

Emathai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:03 pm
We have done a ballad-like song for all three winterguard seasons I've been in but we never get off with easy work, or slow work. My freshman year we didn't even have sabre sweatdrop . I do enjoy the fast work though. I personally think it's easier to toss at 190 bpm than 130. My favorite shows overall have to be the ones where they might be a bit slow, but they have a lot of depth and texture to them backed up by crazy technique heart ,tricks, execution, and performance.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:11 pm
scream BALLADS = HOT DOG

unless you're In Motion and you're performing to a song about horses  

i!breyana!i

Neekroo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:13 am
I have a friend in Onyx Winterguard, and they're doing a ballad this year. It shouldn't be boring, I mean, a good guard can make a ballad exciting, while a bad guard can make a ballad look stupid.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:41 pm
This year's show is supposedly a ballad. I really don't know. But I saw a ballad show, and I loved it. It was absolutely beautiful. -^.^-

Emy-Lou-chan

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Neekroo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:48 pm
Emy-Lou-chan
This year's show is supposedly a ballad. I really don't know. But I saw a ballad show, and I loved it. It was absolutely beautiful. -^.^-

Our show this year is kind of slow, but I don't think I could call it a ballad....  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:20 pm
Neko Kafweenu
Emy-Lou-chan

Our show this year is kind of slow, but I don't think I could call it a ballad....

Is it a pop ballad or something? For marching band, our third song [the cool off song, really. The band stays at like an arc the whole time, while the guard has a very 'indoor' moment] was a ballad, but it was a pretty fast one. [Listen to Sun and Moon from Miss Saigon. That was the song we did].

Anywhoo

Our show is definitely a ballad, our guard instructor confirmed it at the meeting. He said he was getting the student composer [who also composed the indoor percussion show for this year I might add] to compose it.

The impatience is killing me.

Emy-Lou-chan

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Neekroo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:10 pm
Emy-Lou-chan
Neko Kafweenu
Emy-Lou-chan

Is it a pop ballad or something?

Well, it's Dolly Parton's "Stairway to Heaven," so.... I guess you could call it a pop ballad.....  
Winterguard

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff