Back to Guilds

One step closer to the end of cyber bullies 

Reply Contests
12 Days of Christmas**closed** Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what are you getting from santa this year?
  coal
  presents
  he always skips my house
View Results

Accalia Darkstorm
Captain

Witty Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:09 pm
User Image

Hello and Happy Holidays!

There will be two separate contests here; for both you are going to have to be creative biggrin

Both contests are going to be based off of the song 12 days of Christmas. For those of you who don't know it i will post the last verse of the song below (this last verse is the only part you will need for both contests)

Both contests will have the same dead line of December 31st 2013- all prizes will be rewarded on January 1st 2014. It is possible to win both grand prizes.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:12 pm
User Image

The lyrics to the song you need are here:
On the first day of Christmas
my true love sent to me:
12 Drummers Drumming
11 Pipers Piping
10 Lords a Leaping
9 Ladies Dancing
8 Maids a Milking
7 Swans a Swimming
6 Geese a Laying
5 Golden Rings
4 Calling Birds
3 French Hens
2 Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Accalia Darkstorm
Captain

Witty Wolf

Accalia Darkstorm
Captain

Witty Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:21 pm
*FIRST CONTEST*

This is going to be a tektek contest.
Make an avatar with each item from the song. It would be ridiculous to try to put 12 drums on your avatar- you only need one of each item.

YOU MAY ONLY USE ONE ITEM FROM NOEL'S GIFT! if you make it with out using noel's gift at all i will give you bonus gold whether you win the contest or not.

To win the grand prize- the following must take place
You must have a completed avatar (dont forget there face or somthing)
You must have all components of the song.
You can only use one of Noel's gift
After that it all depends on which one is the most unique.

PM me your entries and I will post them below.

Grand Prize User Image Pora Ice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:22 pm
User Image ENTRIES User Image

Sakura lady of death
Sakura Lady of Death
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I know it is not needed, but I came up with a story to explain the items I chose. :3 It is a bit long so, if you have time to kill, feel free to read it and tell me what you think. <3 Also, I realized after I made the avatar that the "11 pipers piping" is actually referring to a musical instrument so, I made it make some sense in my little story, but I understand if that disqualifies my entry. :3
*Edit* I'm not sure if we were supposed to add a list of the items used for each day som just in case, here ya go:
1st day-Chukar Partridge
2nd day-Two Turtle Doves (scarf)
3rd day-Henrietta
4th day-Enchanted book (birds)
5th day- Gold ring
6th day- Golden goose (egg)
7th day- White swan (crown)
8th day- Milkyway coiffure (hair)
9th day- Vivacenote (dancer's legs)
10th day-War of the Warlords (Napoleon's coat)
11th day- pipe (wrong type of pipe whoops @3@)
12th day-Taiko drum

There were 12 days before Christmas, much to the children's dismay, but on this particular day, a strange thing occurred. Out quite far, away where the snow and ice met to create a world most uninhabitable, a rather large tree stood, bending in silence to the grey and silver whispers of winter's embrace. It's bark melded with snow and leaves kissed by the freezing wind, the tree took on a brilliant image, dazzling the cold, barren landscape with its beauty. Yet, despite its gorgeous splendor, the tree stood, bending to the harsh cold whispers of winter, frozen to death in the snow. In its life, the tree was home to many creatures, mostly birds, who now found themselves at risk of becoming just as lovely as their beloved home--covered in ice and snow--frozen to death in their beauty. It was on this day, the twelfth day, that one of the birds, Mr. Partridge, was done fearing for his life in the frozen hollows of his once warm home, he deafened himself to his friends' pleas of caution and fled into the shivering cries of the wind. His friends watched as he disappeared in the white nothing. They waited. In the quiet wind there came a hushed sound of drumming. He did not return.

The very next day, a blue pipe appeared in the foggy cold. It spoke of warmth and beckoned to the shivering creatures with welcoming musical whistles.The remaining birds huddled closer together in their frozen home. They shut their eyes to this vision and waited once more.

The day after presented no visions of pipes, to the birds' comfort, but alas, a strange rustling of a colorful coat broke through the silence. It too beckoned the birds with its lordly presence, for it was a coat of such craftsmanship, it could only belong to a noble lord. The birds shut their eyes again, paying this image just as little attention as the first. They prayed for their friend's return.

The visions continued to come, for on the next two days, the ninth and the eighth before Christmas day, the birds saw graceful dark shadows in the snow dancing in the daylight, and swore they could see swirling blue stars amongst the night sky somewhere across the milky way. Again, on both days, the birds huddled and prayed, shook and shivered. Their eyes refused to believe.

On the seventh day, it finally happened, Ms. Swan, who could stand the waiting nor the cold any longer, flew off into the freezing cold, blending in with the falling snow. The birds sat and shook, until they were stopped by the sound of a terrible noise. It was a loud thud. A painful thud. The birds cried in their hollow tree with only the wind to deafen their sorrow.

The birds didn't bother old Ms. Goose who was good friends with the departed Mrs. Swan, as she took her leave the following morning. The hollow in the frozen tree was becoming larger as it's guests decreased slowly. Only a few remained. The sat huddled as usual, but became more depressed by each ticking hour of the day. There seemed to be no hope at all. Even the strange visions would be a comfort.

On the fifth day before Christmas, the birds awoke, shivering and sullen, but soon were awed by a new sight shining in view against the dreary cold. A golden light, small, but alive, twinkled in the white. The birds drank in the tiny spectacle, before shutting their eyes, hesitantly this time.

Perhaps it was the golden light that inspired hope back into their lives, for the next day, the Calling Bird brother and sister took off into the white, leaving with only this as a departing message, "Come with us!"
The only birds left, Ms. Hen and the Turtle Doves, considered the thought of leaving, but they took too long, for when they made up their choice, the Callings Birds were no where to be found. The others remained...but not for long.

When morning came around again, the Turtle Doves woke to find Ms. Hen missing. She's gone ahead, the two Turtle Doves said, speaking to each other and their icy reflections. The hollow was very spacious now, but still very cold. The Doves held each other and waited for the next day. Hoping for Spring, for their friends' safe return.

Upon the second day before Christmas, the Turtle Doves found that neither of their wishes had come true in the night. So, finally, they took their flight. The wind was harsh, the cold bitter. The two doves held each other tight whilst in the air. They were warm at last.

Night came and ended. The morning drew up cheers of joy from the children in all the towns, for at last, the wait was over. Christmas Day had arrived.
The brilliant winter tree, still bending in silence to the whipping cold, was empty at last.

And just as it had done before, twelve days ago and throughout the long wait, another strange thing happened. The sound of drumming filled the otherwise quiet air, accompanied by the whistling of the the blue kettle pipe that appeared softly in the mist, followed by the rustling of the noble lord's colorful coat, and the graceful steps of shadowy legs gliding across the snow. Atop the other other visions came the return of the wondrous swirling, milky way stars, which now held a crown of beautiful white, swan feathers. In the vision's hand there sat a golden goose egg, and in the other, the twinkling gold of a small ring. Circling the vision, diving in and out of the blue stars were the calling bird brother and sister, who both sang to their friend Ms. Hen, waddling peacefully in the white ground, glancing upward for only a moment to smile at the two turtle doves, holding each other across the neck of the graceful vision.

Mr. Partridge sat on the shoulder of the woman, the vision, who had called to them from winter's terrible might twelve days ago. He sat quiet, for he was sad, knowing that one of his dear friends, Mrs. Swan, found her way, but in too much pain to stay. The vision had told him that all was well, as she placed the swan's feathers in her starry hair. "She'll live on in me". He had feared the same fate would fall to his friend Ms. Goose, who also found the way, but laid only an egg before slipping away. Yet the vision had soothed his worries again, when she used the golden ring upon his friend's egg and told him that her life would return.

Mr. Partridge glanced wearily at his old home. The vision waltzed by it and whispered that it would return them to their home come Spring. Mr. Partridge wasn't sure if he'd want to return, but, today was Christmas, he ruffled his feathers and drew a small smile, they were together, and that's all that mattered.

Into the white wind, the vision went, and the birds remained together, safe and sound, at last.

Deidrice

Deidrice

12 Drummers Drumming (drum)
11 Pipers Piping (arms)
10 Lords a Leaping (legs)
9 Ladies Dancing (hair)
8 Maids a Milking (Milk the cat)
7 Swans a Swimming (crown)
6 Geese a Laying (golden goose)
5 Golden Rings (lace skirt)
4 Calling Birds (extra birds)
3 French Hens (feathered pauldrons)
2 Turtle Doves (doves with ribbon)
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree (tree)

Corrupt_Enigma

Corrupt_Enigma

12 Drummers Drumming: Little Drummer (spats and boots)
11 Pipers Pipping: Lightened Flute
10 Lords Leaping: Lord Winter (leather gloves)
9 Ladies Dancing: Clueless Lady Feathers (scarf)
8 Maids Milking: Rusalki Maiden (dress)
7 Swans Swimming: White Swan: (ballet crown)
6 Geese Laying: Golden Goose
5 Golden Rings: Gold Promise Ring
4 Calling Birds: Chirpy Chubs
3 French Hens: Emerald Dream (the dreamer: farm chickens)
2 Turtle Doves: Doves
Partridge in a Pear Tree: Lila Fa (tree)

My OC Jaheel, fresh from her exile and trying to cope in the realm of humans, has found herself under the everbloom tree this cold, winter day. What will happen to her, now that she has no home to go back to?

Accalia Darkstorm
Captain

Witty Wolf

Accalia Darkstorm
Captain

Witty Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:23 pm
*SECOND CONTEST*

As before this has to do with the 12 days of Christmas song. For this contest you are to make your own gaia themed version of the song.

You only need the last verse of the song.

Just have fun- do not make it vulgar (it is christmas after all) and do not put any names of fellow gaians or gaia staff in your song.

PM me you song and I will post your entry below

The winner will recieve User ImageWish Upon A Star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:24 pm
User Image ENTRIES User Image

Fukuzawa

12 Wishlist items
11 Poster's posting
10 Kiki's pouncing
9 gifts from anon
8 event gift bags
7 lucky plunders
6 Coco's purring
5 Golden Wings!!!!
4 event games
3 tokens to play
2 golds for surfing
and a tutorial with a peasent set!

Accalia Darkstorm
Captain

Witty Wolf

Accalia Darkstorm
Captain

Witty Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:43 pm
User Image

After careful consideration the winner of the tektek portion of the contest is Corrupt_Enigma!

Corrupt_Enigma

Corrupt_Enigma

12 Drummers Drumming: Little Drummer (spats and boots)
11 Pipers Pipping: Lightened Flute
10 Lords Leaping: Lord Winter (leather gloves)
9 Ladies Dancing: Clueless Lady Feathers (scarf)
8 Maids Milking: Rusalki Maiden (dress)
7 Swans Swimming: White Swan: (ballet crown)
6 Geese Laying: Golden Goose
5 Golden Rings: Gold Promise Ring
4 Calling Birds: Chirpy Chubs
3 French Hens: Emerald Dream (the dreamer: farm chickens)
2 Turtle Doves: Doves
Partridge in a Pear Tree: Lila Fa (tree)

My OC Jaheel, fresh from her exile and trying to cope in the realm of humans, has found herself under the everbloom tree this cold, winter day. What will happen to her, now that she has no home to go back to?

And the winner of the the song portion of the contest is Fukuzawa!

Fukuzawa

12 Wishlist items
11 Poster's posting
10 Kiki's pouncing
9 gifts from anon
8 event gift bags
7 lucky plunders
6 Coco's purring
5 Golden Wings!!!!
4 event games
3 tokens to play
2 golds for surfing
and a tutorial with a peasent set!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:36 pm
These contests look like a lot of fun! I'm gonna to attempt the tektek sometime today. whee .

Sakura lady of death
Crew

Dapper Grabber

13,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Sakura lady of death
Crew

Dapper Grabber

13,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:05 pm
Contest Entry <3

I know it is not needed, but I came up with a story to explain the items I chose. :3 It is a bit long so, if you have time to kill, feel free to read it and tell me what you think. <3 Also, I realized after I made the avatar that the "11 pipers piping" is actually referring to a musical instrument so, I made it make some sense in my little story, but I understand if that disqualifies my entry. :3
*Edit* I'm not sure if we were supposed to add a list of the items used for each day som just in case, here ya go:
1st day-Chukar Partridge
2nd day-Two Turtle Doves (scarf)
3rd day-Henrietta
4th day-Enchanted book (birds)
5th day- Gold ring
6th day- Golden goose (egg)
7th day- White swan (crown)
8th day- Milkyway coiffure (hair)
9th day- Vivacenote (dancer's legs)
10th day-War of the Warlords (Napoleon's coat)
11th day- pipe (wrong type of pipe whoops @3@)
12th day-Taiko drum

There were 12 days before Christmas, much to the children's dismay, but on this particular day, a strange thing occurred. Out quite far, away where the snow and ice met to create a world most uninhabitable, a rather large tree stood, bending in silence to the grey and silver whispers of winter's embrace. It's bark melded with snow and leaves kissed by the freezing wind, the tree took on a brilliant image, dazzling the cold, barren landscape with its beauty. Yet, despite its gorgeous splendor, the tree stood, bending to the harsh cold whispers of winter, frozen to death in the snow. In its life, the tree was home to many creatures, mostly birds, who now found themselves at risk of becoming just as lovely as their beloved home--covered in ice and snow--frozen to death in their beauty. It was on this day, the twelfth day, that one of the birds, Mr. Partridge, was done fearing for his life in the frozen hollows of his once warm home, he deafened himself to his friends' pleas of caution and fled into the shivering cries of the wind. His friends watched as he disappeared in the white nothing. They waited. In the quiet wind there came a hushed sound of drumming. He did not return.

The very next day, a blue pipe appeared in the foggy cold. It spoke of warmth and beckoned to the shivering creatures with welcoming musical whistles.The remaining birds huddled closer together in their frozen home. They shut their eyes to this vision and waited once more.

The day after presented no visions of pipes, to the birds' comfort, but alas, a strange rustling of a colorful coat broke through the silence. It too beckoned the birds with its lordly presence, for it was a coat of such craftsmanship, it could only belong to a noble lord. The birds shut their eyes again, paying this image just as little attention as the first. They prayed for their friend's return.

The visions continued to come, for on the next two days, the ninth and the eighth before Christmas day, the birds saw graceful dark shadows in the snow dancing in the daylight, and swore they could see swirling blue stars amongst the night sky somewhere across the milky way. Again, on both days, the birds huddled and prayed, shook and shivered. Their eyes refused to believe.

On the seventh day, it finally happened, Ms. Swan, who could stand the waiting nor the cold any longer, flew off into the freezing cold, blending in with the falling snow. The birds sat and shook, until they were stopped by the sound of a terrible noise. It was a loud thud. A painful thud. The birds cried in their hollow tree with only the wind to deafen their sorrow.

The birds didn't bother old Ms. Goose who was good friends with the departed Mrs. Swan, as she took her leave the following morning. The hollow in the frozen tree was becoming larger as it's guests decreased slowly. Only a few remained. The sat huddled as usual, but became more depressed by each ticking hour of the day. There seemed to be no hope at all. Even the strange visions would be a comfort.

On the fifth day before Christmas, the birds awoke, shivering and sullen, but soon were awed by a new sight shining in view against the dreary cold. A golden light, small, but alive, twinkled in the white. The birds drank in the tiny spectacle, before shutting their eyes, hesitantly this time.

Perhaps it was the golden light that inspired hope back into their lives, for the next day, the Calling Bird brother and sister took off into the white, leaving with only this as a departing message, "Come with us!"
The only birds left, Ms. Hen and the Turtle Doves, considered the thought of leaving, but they took too long, for when they made up their choice, the Callings Birds were no where to be found. The others remained...but not for long.

When morning came around again, the Turtle Doves woke to find Ms. Hen missing. She's gone ahead, the two Turtle Doves said, speaking to each other and their icy reflections. The hollow was very spacious now, but still very cold. The Doves held each other and waited for the next day. Hoping for Spring, for their friends' safe return.

Upon the second day before Christmas, the Turtle Doves found that neither of their wishes had come true in the night. So, finally, they took their flight. The wind was harsh, the cold bitter. The two doves held each other tight whilst in the air. They were warm at last.

Night came and ended. The morning drew up cheers of joy from the children in all the towns, for at last, the wait was over. Christmas Day had arrived.
The brilliant winter tree, still bending in silence to the whipping cold, was empty at last.

And just as it had done before, twelve days ago and throughout the long wait, another strange thing happened. The sound of drumming filled the otherwise quiet air, accompanied by the whistling of the the blue kettle pipe that appeared softly in the mist, followed by the rustling of the noble lord's colorful coat, and the graceful steps of shadowy legs gliding across the snow. Atop the other other visions came the return of the wondrous swirling, milky way stars, which now held a crown of beautiful white, swan feathers. In the vision's hand there sat a golden goose egg, and in the other, the twinkling gold of a small ring. Circling the vision, diving in and out of the blue stars were the calling bird brother and sister, who both sang to their friend Ms. Hen, waddling peacefully in the white ground, glancing upward for only a moment to smile at the two turtle doves, holding each other across the neck of the graceful vision.

Mr. Partridge sat on the shoulder of the woman, the vision, who had called to them from winter's terrible might twelve days ago. He sat quiet, for he was sad, knowing that one of his dear friends, Mrs. Swan, found her way, but in too much pain to stay. The vision had told him that all was well, as she placed the swan's feathers in her starry hair. "She'll live on in me". He had feared the same fate would fall to his friend Ms. Goose, who also found the way, but laid only an egg before slipping away. Yet the vision had soothed his worries again, when she used the golden ring upon his friend's egg and told him that her life would return.

Mr. Partridge glanced wearily at his old home. The vision waltzed by it and whispered that it would return them to their home come Spring. Mr. Partridge wasn't sure if he'd want to return, but, today was Christmas, he ruffled his feathers and drew a small smile, they were together, and that's all that mattered.

Into the white wind, the vision went, and the birds remained together, safe and sound, at last.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:42 am
I am working on my tektek entry for this! It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. xD  

Deidrice

Kawaii Jackling

22,115 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Accalia Darkstorm
Captain

Witty Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:50 am
Deidrice
I am working on my tektek entry for this! It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. xD

lol i know thats why i made it. i tried to do it before i made the contest i came up with two and im working on a third- im trying to perfect mine for next years christmas avi. biggrin should i extend the deadline untill the day after new years?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:29 am
Accalia Darkstorm
Deidrice

lol i know thats why i made it. i tried to do it before i made the contest i came up with two and im working on a third- im trying to perfect mine for next years christmas avi. biggrin should i extend the deadline untill the day after new years?

Mm No I think the deadline is fine, I just need to get my butt in gear and decide the things I want to use! XD I keep changing things.  

Deidrice

Kawaii Jackling

22,115 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Accalia Darkstorm
Captain

Witty Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:34 am
Deidrice
Accalia Darkstorm
Deidrice

Mm No I think the deadline is fine, I just need to get my butt in gear and decide the things I want to use! XD I keep changing things.

i find my hardest parts to piece in are the drumers and the maids! oh and the hen.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:51 am
Accalia Darkstorm
Deidrice
Accalia Darkstorm
Deidrice

i find my hardest parts to piece in are the drumers and the maids! oh and the hen.

That damn hen emotion_donotwant  

Deidrice

Kawaii Jackling

22,115 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Accalia Darkstorm
Captain

Witty Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:56 am
Deidrice
Accalia Darkstorm
Deidrice
Accalia Darkstorm
Deidrice

That damn hen emotion_donotwant

xd are you gonna try the second contest?  
Contests

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff