Dragon Of The Rose

Accursed Shapeshifter

17,615 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hero 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:09 pm
The Tokkyuger Talk thread!
I want to see predictions, wild mass guessing, hopes and fears for our upcoming successor sentai!
The next team is ready to leave the station!
Let's go all-out for this one, OK!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:02 pm
Besides the enemy fodder, the designs are pretty horrible in my opinion. Most Toku designs have a period of "What are they thinking? That is terrible." and then people adjust to it. However, I'm not sure I will be able to do that here. The helmet shapes, overall designs and the blandness of the mecha are too offputting for me. I will give the show a fair try and look past the designs in hopes that the plot and characters are good.

That said, I am worried on the actual premise. I'm not one to enjoy the overly-silly Tokus (I skipped Kyoryuger and wish I did with Fourze) so I hope that it doesn't go overboard with it and finds a nice balance to things. I'm interested in seeing what the point of the number/color changing is that was hinted in the preview images.  

Itami
Captain

Celestial Sentai

Dragon Of The Rose

Accursed Shapeshifter

17,615 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hero 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:17 pm
Kyoryuger's been awesome so far! I need the light stuff to keep things like Wizard from killing me outright.
There's still a chance this will be a parody season.
I'm pretty new to this business, but the suits and mecha are kind of basic. If they're doing some kind of changes, that may play into the suit's simplicity.
I don't know; I'm pretty excited.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:05 pm
Wizard had a lot of lighter elements to it or at least the humor stuff I'm not fond of. It wasn't overly so, but it was there enough that I'm surprised you need something lighter with it. It didn't have much darkness to it in my opinion and part of my criticism of Wizard was that it never felt like it had any true consequences being displayed. I still enjoyed it though and it had enough of a balance, but I still consider it more light than some previous Kamen Rider shows.

The changing of numbers/colors might have something to do with the simplistic nature of the suits, but I'm not sure. They could easily handle the numbers without needing the suits to be so bland. I think they could have rounded out the costumes if they went with more of the rail theme on the helmet on bits of the body somewhere. Like having rail as trim around the gloves and boots might make it a bit more stand-out in my opinion. I'm not going to let it sway me from giving it a fair shot in any case. Hopefully the plot and at least one of the characters will keep me interested.

Edit:
User Image

Looks like they change colors/helmets and all bits of their suit except the number.  

Itami
Captain

Celestial Sentai

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:48 pm
I love dark Tokus.

So when there are comedic moments in Sentai, it can be okay. But not like Koyouger or anything worse.

ToQuger is strait up weird. I am hoping that there is a DARK twist in this show, that goes back to the badassness of GoBuster.

I really like the villains, sans the Baby character (I hate baby/kid characters), and the Crows.

. The Ticket puppet likes to throw curve balls. I hope he throws some more, and brings this series to a deeper level...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:49 pm
Though I like a male pink, and a female red. About time.  

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Itami
Captain

Celestial Sentai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:09 pm
I too enjoy darker Tokus. I'm fine with comedy in it, but when it gets to be all the time or constant enough without actually being amusing (to me) it becomes off-putting. I actually gave up on Kyoryuger because it was too much silly stuff I didn't find amusing and nothing that held me at all.

ToQGer I feel is close to that, but it has some interesting aspects unlike Kyoryuger in it's first several episodes. I do like the weaponry, it is pretty creative. I like the "imagination = power" vibe. As annoying to me as ToQ 5's "I'm strong teehee" moments are, it leads to the imagination = power aspect which is interesting and I hope to see built on more. The bad guys are cool to me as well, all but "lolita grimace" as I saw the baby character described.

On the bad side, the suits are still ugly to me though, the mecha is still one of the worst I've seen too. The color change gimmick is so pointless they are even mocking it in the show. I'm not liking any of the characters outside of ToQ 4 since he seems the only one who counterbalances the other character's silly personalities. The train conductor is annoying, a mix of the Happy Birthday president from OOOs and Den Liner's Owner, only without any of the charisma either of those characters have.

The curve ball Ticket/the puppet throws does add some interest to it, but I think past ep 2 they won't touch on it tooo often and the way it is phrased it probably isn't as dark as you and I hope.
They say as good as dead and not dead on the subs I watched, so I kind of believe it isn't the case. We'll see though.

I'll keep up with the series for a bit. I'm not as ready to drop it as I was Kyoryuger, but it is still close to that for me. It depends on how the next 5 or so episodes go before I make up my mind like I did for that one.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:34 pm
Whoa, you guys are still active? You're still here? And I'm still part of the crew, apparently? How nostalgic!

I've only just seen the first episode of this train business. It seems really goofy, and the costumes are ugly, but I did love how they switched colors! That could be really fun and interesting.  

Spooky Tanuki
Crew

Familiar Gaian

Dragon Of The Rose

Accursed Shapeshifter

17,615 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hero 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:01 pm
I keep getting more hyped for the series, though I can't really make any predictions.
Wait maybe:
There's going to be only 30~36 support trains
There may actually be a beach episode
4go likes karaoke more than anyone else on the team

aaand
Ticket is the Final Boss

3nodding Yes. I think that will do.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:37 pm
Spooky Tanuki
Whoa, you guys are still active? You're still here? And I'm still part of the crew, apparently? How nostalgic!

I've only just seen the first episode of this train business. It seems really goofy, and the costumes are ugly, but I did love how they switched colors! That could be really fun and interesting.

This is my only active guild. haha. All the other ones of mine are long dead. Ah, I rarely sign up on gaia, but I started up again a few weeks ago. Might as well waste my time here then on Facebook. I feel more productive here... (though I still have work to do IRL).  

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:41 pm
Dragon Of The Rose
I keep getting more hyped for the series, though I can't really make any predictions.
Wait maybe:
There's going to be only 30~36 support trains
There may actually be a beach episode
4go likes karaoke more than anyone else on the team

aaand
Ticket is the Final Boss

3nodding Yes. I think that will do.

There will be more trains = more toys! More money to make! Bwahaha!
A beach episode? How about an episode where Decade is "Passing Through"? That would be AWESOME!

Ticket is the BOSS! hahah  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:28 am
Still can't stand the looks of ToqOh.
sad  

GaoGaiGar

Dragon Of The Rose

Accursed Shapeshifter

17,615 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hero 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:12 pm
GaoGaiGar
sad

I like the look of the orange one, and the drill arm.
It's definitely a very different kind of... a very blocky... Hmm.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:58 pm
Dragon Of The Rose
GaoGaiGar
sad

I like the look of the orange one, and the drill arm.
It's definitely a very different kind of... a very blocky... Hmm.
I'll admit that from what little I've seen of the series that Build-Oh's motif is pretty cool and all, but as a fan who prefers more "serious" or darker Tokusatsu themes (or at least ones with some balance) I'm finding it hard to watch Tokyuger (ms?). sweatdrop  

Mr Jes

Dragon Of The Rose

Accursed Shapeshifter

17,615 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hero 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:39 pm
I'm a total sucker for this ridiculous stuff. heart
I can't wait to watch caaaaAAARRRANGER!!
Gonna buy those shout factory Zyuranger DVDs and pray that Carranger will be forthcoming emotion_kirakira

Akira omg what a freakin dork  
Tokusatsu Awareness Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces