Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

9,875 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:05 pm
Leveling System:

GCO (Gaia Clash Online) uses a level-based system to determine the strength of a player. Once the player gains enough EXP, their avatar glows a golden hue, and their current level is raised by one. One stat point is awarded at each level-up, which the player can use to raise any their attributes.

Vigor: Determines overall player health. (number x10)
Endurance: Determines player's stamina. (number x10)
Attunement: Determines player's magic reserve. (number x10)
Strength: Determines character's effectivness with strength focused weapons.
Dexterity: Determines character's effectivness with finesse focused weapons.
Adaptability: Determines characters reaction time, agility, poise and resistances to status effects.
Intelligence: Determines sorcery spell damage. (number x10)
Faith: Determines miracle spell effectiveness. (number x10 for damage/ number x5 for Heals.)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:07 pm
Equipment Possibilities:

A number of equipment exists in Gaia Clash Online, including armors, weapons, and so on. Players can equip them on over 6 different parts of their body, including the left and right arms and legs, head, and body.

Equipment in GCO can be divided into two groups: «Player-made» and «Monster-drops». Monster-Dropped equipment is usually the better of the two, but a even a few difficult to create Player-Made items rivaled their counterparts. However, there also exists a third group of equipment, which included those that are purchased in NPC shops.

Commander Verrik
Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

9,875 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Commander Verrik
Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

9,875 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:08 pm
Combat:

Several factors go into the calculation of damage in Gaia Clash Online. Among them include the efficacy of hits (a direct hit as opposed to a scratch), the skill level of a player, the Sword Skill used, and the weapon's stats. GCO's damage calculation system is more complicated than other games.

Characters have specific attributes that effect damage output: The Strength attribute, The Dexterity attribute, The Faith attribute, The intelligence attribute.
(All attributes may be enhanced through leveling. Applying 1 point per level.)

On a regular basis, the attribute requirements to wield a weapon cannot be seen unless a weapon is «Appraised». (Having your character inspect a weapon will only show its name, rarity and its NPC store value).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:08 pm
Status Effects:

Status Effects, like many MMORPGs, play an important role in combat. Many attacks have a random chance of dealing status effects. They are generally not curable, unless done so by either a Cleric in the allied party or town NPC. Most status effects expire after a set period of time.

Commander Verrik
Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

9,875 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Commander Verrik
Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

9,875 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:13 pm
Monster Battle Mechanics:

«Magic» in GCO has to be prepared in order to cast. This is called a "Casting Speed" - Varying from spell to spell, the basics are this: The greater the MP requirement to cast, the longer the "Casting Speed."
In a fight, players spells can be interrupted. It is suggested that casters carry at least 1 off-hand melee weapon. There are a few enemies who have 100% resistance to magic damage.

Execution of melee weapon attacks fall into any of the four properties: Thrust (Pierce armor), Slash (Bleed status effect), and Blunt (Cripple status effect).

In GCO bows fire arrows that cause thrust damage, but will not gain status effects from rings or other accessories if they offer thrust damage boosts.

Defeating a monster brings up a Congratulations screen with a summary of results: EXP gained, Gold gained, and Items dropped. Distribution of loot occurs automatically (Via RNG), and Gold is automatically divided evenly between the party/raid members while items are placed in the inventory of the person who receives it.

In Boss Battles, being the player to deal the finishing Last Attack produces the possibility of a rare drop for the individual player.

In general, monsters cannot enter safe zones, such as towns or cities. (Unless an event is called upon.)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:15 pm
Party Battle Mechanics:

It is generally much more efficient to battle in parties. Monsters can only be engaged by one player at a time, the main benefit of battling in parties is the ability to «Switch».

Switching allows a fellow party member to take the lead spot against an opponent at any time. Most monsters and bosses have a short down-time in between attacks, so switching during the gap allows an additional blow to be dealt when a monster is stunned. Additionally, the AI algorithms are known to run slower when a change of attack style (which occurs during a switch), so monsters have marginally slower reaction times immediately after a «Switch».

The maximum number of players that can form a party is six. Eight parties (or groups) constitute a complete Raid Group large enough to challenge bosses.

Commander Verrik
Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

9,875 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Commander Verrik
Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

9,875 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:18 pm
Player Vs. Player (PvP):

It is possible to engage in combat with other players. Player vs. Player combat can either be authorized or unauthorized.

Unauthorized combat can be initiated by simply striking another player intentionally. This will render the aggressor's cursor icon as orange, which is visible to everyone for several hours (repeated offenses will render a player's cursor permanently orange). While anyone can be challenged in unauthorized combat, such player vs. player battle cannot occur in safe zones. Attacking a player in a safe zone will not decrease HP, but will instead recoil and damage the attacker.

GCO duel:

A duel between two players.
Authorized combat is essentially dueling. It is done by requesting permission from another player to engage in a duel. There are several different duel modes, which vary conditionally by concluding after the first clear blow, after HP decreases by one half, after a period of time, or death. Attacking someone during a duel will not turn any participant's cursors to orange.

Like most MMORPGs, Player Killing (PKing) is often a result of unwanted player-player combat. After 3 deaths, player death is permanent and real in the Official Server Service. As a result, PKing in Gaia Clash Online has a severity akin to murder

NOTE: IF ANY PLAYERS ARE CAUGHT KILLING OFF ANOTHER PERSON RP CHARACTER WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT OR NOTIFYING ME FIRST, YOU WILL BE BANNED AND YOUR CHARACTER WILL BE TERMINATED.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:27 pm
RULES:

First - My word is law in this roleplay. That doesn't mean you can't have your say, I'm always willing to hear new ideas. But if I don't like the sound of it, it won't be happening.

Second - Respect and abide by the ToS of Gaia. Do I even need to tell you guys that?

Third - This is meant to be a semi-lit roleplay, so refrain from 1337 speak or the like. I expect at least two paragraphs, properly typed out. A paragraph, to me, consists of four lines or more. Obviously, the more the merrier.

Fourth - Please respect each other while roleplaying. Your character can be an a*****e, but that doesn't mean you can be.

Fifth - Romance is allowed; heck I encourage it, but keep your clothes on. I don't care if you were to take it to PM's however.

Sixth - No one is invincible. (Unless plot calls for it.) So no god-modding. In fact, I expect death and failure in this roleplay. Make sure to get permission if you want to kill another player's character though.

Seventh - YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PUPPETEER MORE THAN ONE ROLE PLAY CHARACTER, I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE ON ANOTHER ACCOUNT, IF YOU ARE FOUND TO BE CONTROLLING ANOTHER CHARACTER, YOU WILL BE BANNED.

Eighth - If you die twice, then your character will die permanently.

Ninth - The trading of consumables is encouraged. Have you got some items to spare? Then why not show some generosity? Maybe that person will repay your kindness one day.

Tenth - Equipment is going to be limited based on which class you choose. There will be no Swordsman running around with huge clubs or Sorcerers clad in heavy armor.

Eleventh - Try to be true to the Sword Art Online universe. If it couldn't have happened in the game, don't do it.

Twelfth - Gold will remain as currency. The amount you receive and how quickly you gain EXP will be determined by the Role-Play Admin, AKA- Me.

Thirteenth - Use "OOC:" or go to the OOC forum if you want to talk out of character. Don't cause confusion.

Fourteenth - Post your Character sheets in the respected section for approval. Please type " - Completed." next to where you would enter the 'puppeteer' to prove you've read the rules. Otherwise they will not be accepted. Approved profiles may then await further instructions.

Fifteenth - Please try to post as often as possible. I know that our real lives can catch up to us but at least let me know if you won't be able to post for a while. You will then either be left behind to catch up, or can follow along as a 'drone' until you can pick up the mantle again. If you fail to post for over a week, you'll receive a warning. If you fail to reply or post within a day of receiving that warning, you will get your final warning. If that final warning is met with failure to respond or post within a day, you will be removed from the roleplay. Three strikes, and you're out.

Sixteenth - You do not need to use the character class default picture as your characters appearance. Please be responsible, appropriate and relevant when choosing an image for your character.

Sevnteenth - I will add more rules as I see fit. Just a warning.

READ THE GAME MECHANICS UP ABOVE. THEY WILL HELP WITH UNDERSTANDING HOW TO ATTACK/ DEFEND/ LEVEL-UP/ ETC. I KNOW IT'S A LONG READ BUT IT WILL HELP YOU, TRUST ME.

Commander Verrik
Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

9,875 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Commander Verrik
Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

9,875 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:34 pm
- Reserved -  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:38 pm
- Reserved -  

Commander Verrik
Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

9,875 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Commander Verrik
Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

9,875 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:39 pm
- Reserved -  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:40 pm
- Reserved -  

Commander Verrik
Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

9,875 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Commander Verrik
Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

9,875 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:41 pm
- Reserved -  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:42 pm
Welcome to the in-character section of Gaia Clash Online, here we will be involved in the Role Play. Posting whenever possible.

What is Gaia Clash Online?

It was inspired by the popular anime: Sword Art Online, Sword Art Online 2, Hack// and others of the Hack: Series. With some minor inspirations from D&D.

Here is the background information for the Role Play.

In 2014 the Oculus VR was created by an American virtual reality technology company founded by Palmer Luckey and Brendan Iribe. Twenty years later the technology has advanced to the point of perfection, a handful of ALPHA and BETA testers were drawn from the gaming and social media population and were given a single, vital task:

"Test out the first VR MMO title for the Oculus Rift. From here we will see if it is fit for online, multiplayer interactions between players."

But something went wrong, a mysterious figure only known as "The Prince" has imprisoned the players inside the game and has threatened to self-destruct the head pieces if the mechanism for the game is canceled, killing the person wearing it and anything within 15 meters. Also, if the person in the game dies three times, the Oculus Rift self-destructs, killing the player in real life.

Now the ALPHA and BETA testers, a estimated 5,000 players have been locked into the game, with no way out.

-Why has this happened?
-How long until their real life bodies waste away?
-How can they escape?
-Will they ever escape...?

Find out the story for yourself. Come and join us, In Gaia Clash Online.
-------------------------------------

Please, follow the format (Located in the Profile section of the RP) and Private Message me first before posting the Profile on the Official 'Profile section' of this forum.

Commander Verrik
Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

9,875 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150

Commander Verrik
Captain

Dangerous Entrepreneur

9,875 Points