Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soul Eater Rivals (Open & Accepting)

Back to Guilds

It has been 30 years since the original Soul Eater story and now DWMA has a new rival, another school. 

Tags: Soul Eater, Anime, Roleplay, Romance, Action 

Reply --Mission Forum--
Mission: Dead Last Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cotton Shorts Kid

High-functioning Gekko

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:38 pm
Mission Name: Dead Last

Number of Teams Allowed: 3
1 Shibusen team (Angela + Partner)
1 Machinist team
1 Other

Enemy/Enemies:
4 Demon/witch bosses
(1 hidden boss)

Possible Rewards:
Demon/Witch souls
Synthetic Death Scythes

Images (if any): N/A

Summary (up to two detailed paragraphs):

Until recently, what with the distractions of the Machinists and Atlas, Shibusen has been unaware of the growing concentration of demons and witches in the city of Achaeda. Four such beings have taken the city for their own, controlling it like a cartel. It goes without saying that the Machinists have missed this amassing of madness influences in the same way, what with setting their sights on Death City. Although knowing there is a problem, Death does not yet know the extent of the growing force, and so does not know how much force should be allocated to dealing with the threat--again thinking of the coming confrontation with Atlas. So, he has ordered a small recon mission consisting of one weapon-tech pair to investigate and eliminate if they have the means. Similarly, the Machinists are sending in a unit of their own. Somewhere in this city are four bosses, and plenty of surprises along the way. Do you have what it takes to get to the bottom of this??  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:57 pm
Story Updates:

x
      x
        x
          x

Cotton Shorts Kid

High-functioning Gekko

Cotton Shorts Kid

High-functioning Gekko

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:01 pm
Weather Notes:

x
      x
        x
          x

The first day is sunny, hot, uncomfortable. There is a chance of rain from the east, but many seem to ignore it. High around 95, low 56.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:39 am
Prologue:

x
      x
        x
          x
          Business as usual, in unusual circumstances, quickly becomes legendary success; or, more likely until it is resolved, a crisis promising the destruction of everything. Death knows this very well, and indeed it might be just this distinction which turns a regularly just fellow into the revered black cloak as well. From his desk, the order comes and multiplies in bureaucracy as it loses urgency, just as waves might grow in size but still lose strength as they shimmer out from a pond.

By the time it got down to the bulletin board (because this is the definitive way to advertise top-secret missions for the children sworn to be the arms and legs of...), the first year class only heard the worst. It was still unclear why the word had gotten to them in the first place: had the upperclassmen simply ignored it because they were gearing up for matters more obviously connected to Atlas' invasion, or had they also been spooked and the teachers grown desperate to have the situation handled? When the crowd had dispersed, for one reason or another, those in the first-year class had left this one behind as well.

Around 8:30 that morning an alarm would set the hive of machines into motion (keeping this vague for obvious reasons), and the masses were slate-faced with a steely determination. Follow the red light. Follow the sound.

Maggs and Oreo were selected from those at the briefing and given a file. What it said was somewhat disappointing. Essentially, it told them how much they didn't know about the situation, where one might hope to find all that was known. Regardless, the two had their work cut out for them. The mission: to infiltrate the city of Achaeda and gather intel on the strength of any non-human leaders and the scope of their forces. If the non-human threat was minimal--rather, if they were able--the duo was ordered to kill on sight in as discrete a way as possible so as not to rile up the human population; if not, there were to report back so appropriate forces could be sent in.

For whatever reason, the scientist known as Egil Gitsune was the last to know about the affair. In his computer room a notification would appear to him saying one of his drones had detected higher levels of madness in the area they were given to survey (an area not too far from base). The calculations had concluded where the demons had been coming from, and before Egil stood a choice: dive in before the others or simply wait and see what happens. Of course, it should be mentioned that about a year ago this day it was that pesky white-haired boy (Emit) who had caused so much trouble for mommy dearest. It should also be said that a similar wavelength was detected in the vicinity of Achaeda, according to the reversed trajectory displayed in front of the Mad Machina.

(Enter the city however you choose. I will guide each of you with clues and NPCs until you find what you're looking for. It is quite possible for none of the teams to cross paths. The mission can end for you early or it can end very climatically--it's all a matter of how you play. Remember, though, that every decision counts and no dialogue should be overlooked (pretend you're playing Persona looking for the true ending))

Sabrewolf123
          I gather your style is very structured, so please don't be afraid of my open-world approach. There is more order going on under the surface.

Yokai Yakuza
          Expecting a good performance out of you. Remember that Egil cannot bring more than one NPC with him and that the two of them will likely not be enough to take a boss.

The Reticent Harlequin
          Well... I don't even have to say anything to you. lol

BEGIN

Cotton Shorts Kid

High-functioning Gekko

Yokai Yakuza

Demonic Businessman

5,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:35 pm
Cotton Shorts Kid

User Image
☸ ☸ ☸Egil Armani Gitsune ☸ ☸ ☸ ☸

The Mad Machina

Acting CEO of Gitsune Industries

Former Head of R&D for the Machinists.

Suddenly concerned with taking care of his body Egil had begun implementing mild exercises into his daily routine. It didn't take him long to come to the conclusion that with the other member of Rantō training that he was being left behind. At the very least he'd make sure he'd be able to defend himself properly in battle. His artificial creations took great joy in making thier master work up a sweat for once. It was after such a session that the young scientist had fallen asleep do to exhaustion only to wake up a few hours later completely sore. He eventually rolled from his bed and began checking on his latest projects. Egil was half way thru his morning meal when he received and alert from his ADA,Vanea

" Alert Alert. Scouting Drones have picked up unusually high madness reading in sector 2, designation Achaeda. "

" Tch That's what those other idiots are for. Why bother me with this? "

" Anomaly has been detected. While scanning Achaeda a residual wavelength signature was gathered. The composition is 85% similar with that of EM. Thus my directives lead me to conclude you would want to handle this personally. Not to mention it is time for your scheduled physical activity regime. "

" EM huh. What could he be doing there. Tch ok ok I'm going. Activate the portal sequence and prep me a combat unit. . This better not be a waste if my time. "

" Understood initializing portal sequence. "

After retrieve his standard set of gear and inspecting each device carefully Egil stretches and puts on his signature attire. He then makes his way to a special containment pod and makes a few adjustments to his drones. Egil had been experimenting on creating a chaos infused living metal is that was malleable and adaptable, and is capable of being programmed to reconfigure into new shapes, designs, and colors, allowing his machines to change alternate mode as needed. Lost parts can be replaced with duplicates made from ordinary metals without difficulty; a machines systems can absorb and break down conventional material, convert it , and re-integrate it. Egil could then exploit the reconfigurable properties of the metal to "transform" in in accordance with his will by exploding into a cloud of cube like particles and reforming in alternate mode. While he succeeded he was now currently limited to conversion between pre-set forms. This could be the perfect opportunity to test a few of his new toys in the field. Stepping thru the portal he is instantly transported to a rooftop in Achaeda. He closes the portal and starts his investigation by calling the other drones in the area and going over thier data.  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:26 pm
yokai Yakuza

Cotton Shorts Kid

User Image

User Image

Oreo and Maggs walked through the pressing throng of people with heads bent, both covered in dark cloaks to hide their identity. It was much easier for Maggs who was short but Oreo still stood out slightly. Their weapons had been partially disassembled in order to hide them under their cloaks without bulging, but it would be a mistake to assume this meant they couldn't be ready for battle in seconds. Their expressions were equally grim. "This is why we fight," Maggs breathed quietly. Oreo glanced at her. The normally bubbly and somewhat air-headed girl was in an unusually dark mood but Oreo understood why. The urban-industrial dysutopia in the thrall of slave masters hit close to home for her - she wasn't one of the Machinists fortunate enough to be born into the Order. Still, Oreo knew this wouldn't distract Maggs from the job at hand. If anything it would only make her more determined. The two of them followed the flow of humanity, reasoning that if they went to where the work was being done sooner or later one of their overseers would appear to ensure production was flowing smoothly.

The remnants of The Machinist Order that were still operational had nowhere near the intelligence assets they had before and as such they were going in on this mission almost completely blind. Regardless, there were procedures even for this. The Order never would have lasted this long if lack of intel stopped them. The first objective was two-fold: find out what the purpose of the enslavement was and identify the slavemasters. Preferably without being caught. "We'll need to resolve this situation ourselves. We're pressed for people as is and we need to set an example." Maggs nodded her head but said nothing. There was more riding on this mission than it appeared at first glance. With the destruction of their Headquarters and the loss of their leader, morale among the surviving Machinists was at an all-time low. Many were even beginning to question if the Order would survive the year. They needed a major victory. Something to restore faith in the Order and remind everyone that they were down but not out. This would be that victory. Maggs and Oreo would make sure it was. But there was still much to do and Maggs and Oreo pressed on among the crowd without further comment.  

Sabrewolf123
Vice Captain

Swashbuckling Werewolf

6,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

Yokai Yakuza

Demonic Businessman

5,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:03 pm
Cotton Shorts Kid

Sabrewolf123

User Image

The Mad Machina

Sifting thru the data didn't take more than a few minutes. Due to neglect from the shinigami's little preschool and the Machinists Achaeda's concentration of demons and witches in the was dangerously high. Something told him that he was meant to be here. Was it Ren? The Chaos? He was not entirely sure. In any case it would give him suitable targets to test his new toys and allow him to investigate the wavelength his system had picked up. With Vanea providing tactical support as well as the combat unit on its way Egil was confident he wouldn't need to alert the other members of Rantō .

" Vanea switch the scout's to stealth mode and make sure they keep thier distance. Also alert me as soon as the combat droid is ready. I'm going to see if I can find out more about this city It's strange to see this many Netherworld denizens here without there being some kind of object to drawn them here. "

" Understood. "

Trafficking of humans was common in such places but it was clear the madness in the area was growing. While he wasn't to fond of human he did believe demons and witches belonged in the Netherworld. Though it would be much simpler to alert the other factions of the world and leave, something deep within his being kept him from doing that. He was sure somewhere in Achaeda' was something he needed. The others within him began to stir voicing their opinions.

What an abysmal place. It is an absolute eyesore. Just the site makes me want to vomit. Once I take over I'm going to have to overhaul the entire design.

To hell you, pretty boy! Your just going to get us spotted dressed like that! I say let me out and I'll take this place for myself!

Shut up. Just Shut Up. Shut Up. Shut Up. Shuttity up up up! I am the one in Control. I can't think with the two of you talking. No wait De-shut up. We will stick out ughhhh. I'll have to change

After taking a moment to calm his mind Egil makes his way thru the off rooftop. After ten minutes of sneaking around Egil finds a secure place to change his appearance. Walking around dressed like Zanza would make him easy to spot and he cursed himself for being so careless. After few moments Egil looked at his progress satisfied his new look would help him blend in. The end result reminded him of one of his personalities but he didn't have time to worry about that. Egil makes his way into the streets towards the nearest tavern.  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:19 am
▶ ▷▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒► ▻
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

▻ Health: max
▻ Output: 10%
▻ Soul Resonance: off
▻ Inventory

* Phone {texting }

▉▉
      ▉▉

▉▉

▉▉
          A big city like this can get confusing in a hurry. No doubt it dwarfed the population of the Machinist HQ several times over. It went without saying that in a place this size, with as much corruption as there was, that the crime rate would be equally as baffling. From his vantage point Egil would be able to see a helicopter emerge from behind one of the many skyscrapers, pause, and then make a B-line into the city's skyline.

On the ground, nobody would indeed notice the two who had arrived from the crestfallen Order--that definitely didn't stop them from shoulder-checking the girls: life in the city! Loud shouting split the dull roar of street-chatter like lighting to a swollen raincloud. A man ran past them, hands clutching tightly something he'd hidden under his jacket. Running, yelling; yelling and running. The crook would get away, hurdling into a pick-up truck's bed. The tires screeched to match the wailing of sirens as the vehicle sped down the road. In the passenger seat was a person, seemingly civilian, casually appearing to be quite bored, casually scrolling/texting on her phone.

"Aghh!" Groaned the man chasing the thief. He whipped his hand off and wrung it in his hands. The sign above the shop he came from was a pizza with a slice missing. His tanned hands went up in frustration, and he went back inside. The crowd that had stopped momentarily had begun to move again.

Meanwhile, the weapon/meister pair comprised of Angela McCallister and her Tonfa partner Dominick entered the city by bus. This was supposed to be an intel-gathering operation for this duo as well, but there was an explicit emphasis on eliminating the threats in their case.

In any case, the two weren't the best, nor were they the worst. The fact Death had sent mid-level students in where there might have been cause for higher force was telling of his priorities. Dominick was a nevish-looking boy with glasses thick enough to serve as a weapon, should the situation turn so dire--but then he couldn't see!

... I digress.

"Hi!" Said the go-getter meister as she entered the police station--the first one they could find, for sure. A bleary-eyed secretary looked up, saw the two, visibly regretted seeing the two, and went back to her dull tapping. Tap, tap, tap. Click, click, click.

"Um..." She scooted closer and closer to the desk, hand defiantly confused as a poised question mark; her index finger was curled, wanting to be raised in objection, but just not confident enough. Dominick was in tow, shifting his eyes with the pronounced rhythm of each pounding tick of the clock through the noon drag.

"Can I help you?" Answered the secretary, without looking up. Just then a voice clicked on the radio.

"Heading in with suspect. Then I'm going to lunch. Tired."

"Nice story, lieutenant."

"Just get a room ready."

"Will do."

Elsewhere in the city, it matters not where, a certain presence would be summoned to speak with an equally important person. Theirs was a rank unparalleled in the city of Achaeda: from their mouths came laws; at their whim the city was a carnival of living concrete. They would have lunch in her penthouse. An outrageous gardened setup overlooking the East quarter of the city.

"Ah... Perfect!" Beamed the hostess. "On time as always, I see. How have you been, darling?"

Quotes:
Sabrewolf123
Yokai Yakuza
The Reticent Harlequin

Cotton Shorts Kid

High-functioning Gekko

Yokai Yakuza

Demonic Businessman

5,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:19 am
Cotton Shorts Kid

Sabrewolf123

User Image

The Mad Machina

Egil caught glimpse of a helicopter making its way across the skyline. It seemed odd the way it suddenly dissapeared It wasn't like anyone knew he was here. After after a few moments checking the local scene Egil's scouts had collected enough data to piece together a general map of the area. It wasn't to hard to compile and Vanea wouldn't take long to plan optimal routes should Egil run into trouble..

" Vanea what's the status for the combat droid. "

" Currently being retrofitted with the necessary modifications. Estimated Arrival Time. Thirty minutes. "

Egil rolls his eyes. With a quick motion of his hands he checks on the specs of the android. Even with a head start Vanea still had a long way to go when it came to prepping. Using his master code Egil unlocks a few restrictions allowing the ETA to be cut in half. The young scientist then makes his way to the back alleys.  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:09 pm
yokai Yakuza

Cotton Shorts Kid

User Image

User Image

Oreo and Maggs watched impassively as a criminal made off with someone else's belongings. It was an opening. Despite the crowded streets, anyone who bumped shoulders with the two Machinists would quickly realize they were quite a bit heavier and sturdier than they appeared. The Machinists turned towards the shop the man had disappeared back into and walked in. Initiative invited success. The bell ringed over the door as Maggs and Oreo walked in, their faces still hidden under their hoods. They ignored the customers, walking straight up to the store owner. But they weren't there to eat. "That man outside, what did he steal?" Oreo asked him. She wasn't the kind to beat around the bush. They certainly gave off an aura of no-nonsense, for better and for worse. Maggs almost seemed to not be paying attention to the conversation but that wasn't the case. She was focused on the surroundings. Who was listening? Was there anything unnatural about the building? Was anyone armed? Was anyone making quick movements? She surveyed the room with her enhanced perception, expecting an attack from any direction at any time. It was standard procedure.  

Sabrewolf123
Vice Captain

Swashbuckling Werewolf

6,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

The Reticent Harlequin
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Tactician

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:22 pm
        User Image

oOoH O O D E D_F I G U R EoOo

Just as the hostess asked her question, a single black feather would fall upon the ground, as a being clad in a black cloak, would appear. Standing before the woman, the being's face would be hidden behind the hood of the cloak, revealing no facial features, "As you can see for yourself, I've been just grand." the man stated before folding his arms upon one another and making his way towards a nicely adorned table. Sitting down at the table, the man looked towards the woman, "I trust that you are aware that there are some mice scurrying around our house?" he asked, not waiting for the woman to respond, before continuing on. "Some of my human informants have been keeping an eye on them. So far, it seems like known pose too much of a threat, but I do not wish to take any chances. Which is why I've got a few of my personal best, waiting in the background and with a single word for me, they will be all over them. Though, knowing you, you have your own little plans." The man paused then, before looking back at the woman. "So tell me, what is it that you're planning?" he asked.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

OOC:

Cotton Shorts Kid

Sabrewolf123

Yokai Yakuza

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:59 pm

▻ Inventory

* Phone {texting }

▉▉
      ▉▉

▉▉

▉▉
          The unfolding of the foliage in this particular bungalow on this particular day revealed a plethora of hidden gems of flowers, made of sun-stained glass, each of which held its own watering hole of all shades of day and dusk for the animals, withholding all movement but what their sensitive feelers could pick up; and as the moon surely watches when it is not seen, these--likely Italian, let's be honest--men snapped to life when the sun went down. There was chatter: indistinguishable, likely a mix of languages through the brotherly medium of smoke; the lights swung, seemingly for no reason, giving a presentation of a man with dusty marble for hair and hard,
          crackling leather for a face--he of course was a general, as evidenced by the colorful rows of colourful badges displayed, it seemed permanently, on his white shirt worn with sleeves rolled so as not only to accentuate his flecked,
          iron strong, albeit skinny, shoulders but also his status... --handing a slice of pizza to another man at the bar.

"What is this?" He asked himself and perhaps the almighty, tossing his towel and rolling away from the part of the counter at which the dour-duo stood,
          "I'm supposed to just open up the vault--saviors are here!--" those around laughed: "Good one, Sal," His eyes came down heavily on them.

"Who wants to know, eh? What's it to you?"

As the young demon picked on through the backstreets of the city, light seemed get absorbed by any and all surfaces; the heat, however, had still thrived. It was living there, growing, feeding. A few scaly scowls emerged from this hot soup of air and cicada sounds behind Egil as he went.

"Look at this," one of them hissed, "looks like someone couldn't find the tourist center..." His two mates flanked up, flicking out knives, which in turn bled a wicked grin on the serpentine thug's mug. Chuckles abound. --Then, silence:
          his smile dropped like so many bird-bombs in this big city.

"That's just too bad." The boys responded to an imperceptible signal and lept at the young scientist with stilettos in hand, aiming to carve him up a little before taking everything he had.

"Darling," cooed the other, arms breezing up to a flippant shrug, "why must you always make such a dramatic air wherever you go?"
          She waved away a young intern with tea, directing her attention out to the city. Their view was fantastic. "But if you insist," she humoured, "I think what we have here are a few cats--cats like to hunt, you know. And if that's the case," she said with a sly little smirk, "why not give them something to play with?"

"But that can't be all you're here for!" She turned, mouth, slightly agape,
          hidden behind delicate fingertips. "You're telling me that all this is enough to dampen those big plans of yours? Say it ain't so!" She couldn't help giggling here, playing with the petals of the flower in her hair.

"... But," she shrugged, "if you really want to, I can't stop you from exterminating them. Just be neat about it, is what I would advise you."

Quotes:
Sabrewolf123
Yokai Yakuza
The Reticent Harlequin

Cotton Shorts Kid

High-functioning Gekko

Yokai Yakuza

Demonic Businessman

5,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:13 am
Cotton Shorts Kid

Sabrewolf123

User Image

The Mad Machina

Egil hugs the walls of the surrounding buildings, letting the shadows swallow him entirely. His invisible scouting drones a safe distance away gathering data and checking the surroundings. As the hours waned the cites true colors began to show themselves. Disgusting, filthy, full of lawbreakers, smelly and dangerous. The sun look down upon him curiously, wondering why anyone would be skulking around the city's backstreets at this hour especially in this heat. Fourtunatly, Egil was not one to be bothered by such trivialities. A wicked grin slowly crawled it's way onto Egil's face as the lizards flanked him. He was just itching for the chance to try out his newest creations. What's more he needed to find out what made Achaeda so special for so many to have gathered here. Two of his personal drones respond to the incoming threat by firing off indigo volts of electricity. With the conductivity of thier stilettos Egil's attack was sure to be that much more effective. Hopefully it would knock out the two lackeys and allow Egil to turn his attention to the boss.

" K'ehehehe You have the audacity to take shot at me in the back without knowing who I am or what I am capable of. I find that quite humorous. Didn't anyone ever tell you? There is one thing you never back into a corner. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever try to ambush.
"

Egil cracks his knuckles as his other drones begin sparking with his electrical wavelength as well.  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:03 pm
yokai Yakuza

Cotton Shorts Kid

The Reticent Harlequin

User Image

User Image

Oreo listened quietly as the pizza man cracked a joke and the others laughed. "We're new here," she began, ignoring the joke. "We're interested in helping out if we can. In other words, we'll get whatever was taken back for you." Oreo gave a wry grin, holding up a hand. "I understand if you don't believe us, and I don't expect you to. But you don't have anything to lose by telling us what was taken." Oreo glanced over at Maggs who was still keeping an eye on the area. Admittedly this was a less than idea situation, but any Machinist tasked with deep infiltration knew that one of the most important things to do was to establish connections and good will as fast as possible. An opening this straightforward was rare and even a fool could see that it was worth the risk, barring further information coming to light. It was a bold move considering they risked blowing their cover depending on who this man was or how they played this out. However, should this happen Maggs and Oreo would "fade", a term used to describe the process of going into deep cover. Keeping as low a profile as possible while still attempting to achieve their objective, but with a change in strategy: force the enemy to hunt you instead. But for the time being this was merely hypothetical. For now they were the aggressors.  

Sabrewolf123
Vice Captain

Swashbuckling Werewolf

6,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

Cotton Shorts Kid

High-functioning Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:20 pm

▻ Inventory

* Phone {texting }

▉▉
      ▉▉

▉▉

▉▉

"Look, kid," --he called everyone kid; his arms went up and rested somewhere his demure eyes could follow behind their dusty lids--"suffice to say it was in my family for a long time. If you want to play hero all of a sudden, who am I to stop you?"

"Sal, don't--"

"Quiet you...!" the bickering commenced; and inevitably was played out,
          its substance being the commencement. He turned back to the duo,
          showing something of an apologetic smile as he packed cigarettes on the pizza stone at his hip. "Anyway," he began, "I get it. You guys are new or something. Must be; haven't seen you before--the way you prance after danger bangs the mallet, ya hear?" He drew himself up, pressing his shoulders forward. "So, why not, I'll let you go after these cop cars, mm?
          Just come back when you get tired." He retreated to a corner of the counter where a slice of dessert pizza was waiting to be turned --turned into lunch,
          that is.

"Unfortunately," he continued with a half-bite of apple pie muted certain notes, "I don't have many leads. I have ideas, sure, but nothing solid. There
          are a few gangs in town: the Pi-Zou, the clockwork, Scarlet Sun, Arhat,
          and the 5-Devils; don't get too cocky around any of 'em and you should be alright." Back to grumbling. Funny thing: the conversations around here didn't seem to end in the conventional way; they just had very long pauses...

Meanwhile, freshly evicted from the police station, was walking down a street like all the others in the faceless city with invisible walls of traffic and noisy currents of people to which to drag a body. She shifted, scooted, skipped,
          all the way down to a lonely corner of the Achaeda where yelps and groans were, at last, something she could home in on--literally!

The thugs, as one might imagine, were easy work for the head of Gitsune Industries. Hardly even worth mention. It went without saying also that the idle threats coughed out at the end of this charge's consciousness: I'll get you back for this, you b*****d, I swear! --Our boss will... Kill... ughh

"Hello?" Entered yet another, filling this void as though it was a musically timed rest rather than a proper silence. Two kids, students, were standing there with shadows spilt out before them by the chuckling sun like some kind of big-shot red carpet: one was a cheery girl, likely the meister (she stood slightly ahead of the other), the other a dark-haired, broody ride-along. The brunette waved.

"Hi! I see you're in charge of taking out the trash here," she laughed. "Just a quick question, mister guy--I'm from the DWMA, ya know--how much do you know about crime in this city." Her face was still giggling, silently, but suddenly she seemed to become very grim--yes, very. "You cooperation is paramount." ...
          "Hehe!" She exploded. "I'm so sorry; I couldn't have kept that going if my life depended on it. Please just ignore that, okay?" She waved furiously, laughing once again unhindered.

Elsewhere, on a street close to Sal's pizza joint, the unmistakable air of battle was thick. Two robots, one red, the other black, were locked in combat amid the city's impressive skyline. Dull rumbles in that direction. Another way, however, pointed to a more conventional battle with guns and sirens busting off three at a time.

Quotes:
Sabrewolf123
Yokai Yakuza
The Reticent Harlequin

--Mission Forum--

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items