Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:20 pm
gonk I just got DVD1 imported today.
Well, more voices match than in the original Seed. Few I disagree with. They actually made Djibirl sound ever so slightly homosexual.
My problem is Arthur. Our favorite really stupid Vice Captain on the Minerva.
He's a ******** dumbass.
He's also British.
There were TWO British guys in seed, both of which died. This means Arthur is the third British guy, and the only one still alive...
Few things worth noting:
When smothered by american accents, a british accent sounds REALLY out of place.
We don't speak like that.

Everytime he speaks, I crease up laughing. I don't know if i'll be able to watch this series seriously. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:00 pm
Ophiuchus
Well, more voices match than in the original Seed. Few I disagree with. They actually made Djibirl sound ever so slightly homosexual.
He's a ******** dumbass.
He's also British.
There were TWO British guys in seed, both of which died. This means Arthur is the third British guy, and the only one still alive...
Few things worth noting:
When smothered by american accents, a british accent sounds REALLY out of place.

Everytime he speaks, I crease up laughing. I don't know if i'll be able to watch this series seriously. whee

i have the box set in japanese, with subtitles only. and i noticed that plenty of it is translated funny. ^^" is the dub like that, with some phrases not making sense?

angel__tear

Melodious Giver

Cien Laguoire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:01 pm
Gah. I didn't even know the dubbed Seed Destiny was out yet. gonk
Personally, I've gotten a taste to listening to what they say in the original language. But that's just my opinion.
angel__tear

i have the box set in japanese, with subtitles only. and i noticed that plenty of it is translated funny. ^^" is the dub like that, with some phrases not making sense?
Dear, if this is the case, you just picked up a bootleg'd copy of the series, I think. How unfortunate. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:38 am
angel__tear
Ophiuchus
He's a ******** dumbass.
He's also British.
Few things worth noting:

No, i'm talking about the ACCENT, not what's said. Arthur is BRITISH. Like... You know, he pronounces everything properly?
Like everyone in Hellsing does, but he is the ONLY one in destiny?  

Ophiuchus
Captain

angel__tear

Melodious Giver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:45 pm
Cien Laguoire
Personally, I've gotten a taste to listening to what they say in the original language. But that's just my opinion.
angel__tear

Dear, if this is the case, you just picked up a bootleg'd copy of the series, I think. How unfortunate. gonk

no it's an original,
i'm talking about some parts of the dub not making sense, because they cannot translate some of them from the original japanese language.

i agree about arthur being british. in my opinion, his accent sounds like it is forced...or unnatural ^^"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:35 am
angel__tear
Cien Laguoire
angel__tear

no it's an original,
i'm talking about some parts of the dub not making sense, because they cannot translate some of them from the original japanese language.

i agree about arthur being british. in my opinion, his accent sounds like it is forced...or unnatural ^^"

um... sweetie, i'd hate to tell you this, but languages DO translate. How do you think they made every other dubbed Gundam series?
When subtitles make no sense, it's the sign of a fake. Did you get a "complete best" style box? That's another sign of fakeness. They were never released in a collector edition in Japan, only in individual releases. Please check my guide to bootlegs for more information.  

Ophiuchus
Captain

.Lupin..Sansei.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:06 pm
Sounds like it's hong-kong-tastic...

Anyhow, it's funny to hear accents that hve been ruined by being jumbled through another accent... I'll bet it's a similar phenominon to trying to hear a seiyuu speak in english... it just aint right...

Personally, I do wish they wouldn't try and do the accent thing at all. It really only makes their performance less credible, and in the end comes off as an insult to somebody, or otherwise just too funny...

In this case, being that most gundam series are dubbed in canada, it's a canadian trying to sounds like an american trying to sound like their british... LMFAO...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:55 am
There's othing wrong with the british accent. The problem is it's a period accent, as used in Hellsing. We no longer speak that way. So it's really out of place outting an old fashioned british accent next to modern canadian-american ones.  

Ophiuchus
Captain

ANBU-Shinobi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:34 pm
Yeah, I saw if for sale on the net but I didn't believe at first... But I checked into and what do ya know...anyway, thanks for the update on the voices. That's the one thing I was curious about when I saw it...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:57 am
Well, look at it this way - more voices work here than on the original. Lacus and Cagalli... just never seemed right to me.  

Ophiuchus
Captain

NewtypeS3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:44 am
I've seen episodes 1-3, and I honestly have no complaints with the dub so far... save Auel. Could Brad Swaile have chosen a more effeminate voice? stare
The only one I was iffy with is Shin himself, but after seeing him in actual combat, I have no complaints anymore.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:37 pm
wait did they come out wit destiny in english?  

balmonke

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:18 pm
balmonke
wait did they come out wit destiny in english?
no, we're talking about destiny being dubbed in Martian. [/sarcasm]  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:20 pm
Comparing the dubbed version to the original japanese version (with english subtitles), its crap. The original is good.  

Barking_Wolf

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:50 am
Barking_Wolf
Comparing the dubbed version to the original japanese version (with english subtitles), its crap. The original is good.
State your reasons in a debate. The majority of the English actors work well with their characters, and all music and sound effects play in the correct places.  
Gundam

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff