Pads V.S Tampons Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thrill-A-Night
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:08 pm
Well... To get started in this forum. I think we should have a little poll on a 'Age-Old' Tradition. Well at least as long as they have been invented. Hopefully it will encorage people to post their problems.

Anyway... The question is:

What do you prefure?

Pads or Tampons

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:14 pm
Well, I have a little Pros and Cons list I keep in my head for use.
Pads are my favorite, cuz their..well...Pads. It makes you feel uber protected and stuff, unless it bunches up and you look like you're trying to pick a wedgie. Ones with wings are the best, so they edges of your underwear don't get stained and it reduces bunching, and the longer ones are best for nights.

Tampons are the way to go if you're into sports or you're gonna go swimming. "The flow" stops in water, but this is just in case. I don't use them much because my main positions are on my butt or on my back, with very little running involved. When you do, I advise wearing a pantiliner or thin pad with them just in case(because the small ones might not catch it all, or it soaks through). They don't hurt, and you totally forget about them after awhile. Just say no to scented- that's the worst idea I've ever heard of.

this_is_blank_space
Crew

this_is_blank_space
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:22 pm
On the subject of tampons, alot of people don't use them or are afraid to because of TSS. What is TSS?
TSS stands for Toxic Shock Syndrome. It occurs when the tampon is somehow unsanitary or has bacteria on it, and infects the person. Not to scare you, but some boxes read that 1 in 6 people using tampons run the risk of getting TSS.
For the record, I've used them alot more than six times, and TSS, whether mild or severe, can be avoided if you exercise caution. ALWAYS keep you hands clean BEFORE and AFTER using a tampon, and never store one in your backpack/purse without a plastic wrapping or ziplock baggie of some kind. The thin plastic sometimes rips or creates minuscule holes where dirt and bacteria can enter through, so I always keep mine with what my aunt calls "tampon condoms".
Scary, I know. You learn to tune her out after awhile.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:42 pm
I agree with Sarah. I personally prefure pads, they give you more of a secure feeling. Although, you always have the little person in the back of your head telling you that you might have a leak. There are so many different kinds of Pads now that you dont realy have to worry about having a Heavy or a Light day.

As most people though, I agree that it depends on your situation. Tampons are mostly used if running, or swimming. Pads for just a normal day. But ALOT of people like Tampons better for not haveing to deal with the mess.

Aswell, I dont know about you all. The storys about TSS are scary. So for me Pads.

Thrill-A-Night
Captain

MegaPaopu

Fashionable Fatcat

3,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:25 pm
For some reason I cannot use tampons for the life of me! gonk It's like they just don't work... it all runs down one side and there's a mess anyway... I'm like... retarded or something. I just don't like them anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:43 am
Kaira Taiyou
For some reason I cannot use tampons for the life of me! gonk It's like they just don't work... it all runs down one side and there's a mess anyway... I'm like... retarded or something. I just don't like them anyway.
Thats the same reason I don't use them 3nodding  

safety pin first

Thrill-A-Night
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:41 am
Your not retarded because they cant work. I should be the one labeled a Retard, I refuse to use them. Its just I dont like them, they freek me out. Even just thinking about them can give me a chill. stressed  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:10 pm
xd my god...  

this_is_blank_space
Crew

ForgottenMinion
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:31 am
Tampon...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:32 am
and yes im a girl...  

ForgottenMinion
Crew

Exiled Revolutionary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:39 pm
I prefer pads. The first time I used a tampon I was shaking so badly afterwards it was a bit ridicuous. They also made me want to vomit a little bit later in the morning. But, if I have to, I will wear them. I would rather not, though...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:07 pm
I used to prefer pads, but then (out of emergency necessity) I had to use a tampon. After that, it was easy. I like them better because there is less mess, and they take up less room in my bag.

About that leaking problem, you probably just aren't using a heavy enough tampon. I have to use Supers, and I'm a pretty small girl.  

Kutun

bmgbanana107580

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:45 pm
I prefer pads, simply because I'm not allowed to use tampons. My mother says I'm too young, but I think she just doesn't want anything up there cause I'm a virgin. I think the only reason my 17 year old sister is allowed to use them is because everyone knows she's not a virgin.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:12 pm
Gah, Thats stupid! scream

If anything, I would be pushed to use them. Probley because they are cheeper and more come in the box... blaugh  

Thrill-A-Night
Captain

Exiled Revolutionary

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:59 pm
They may be cheaper, but if you do not find the right kind of tampon, they can be a real pain... For pads it does not matter as much.  
Just Girls

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff