Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thrill-A-Night
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:23 pm
Problem:

Well, lately I have been getting little red bumps on my legs. They are itchy most of the time. They apper on the sides of my calf's in patches, or they are all spred out on a 'GoodDay'. They look nasty, and its enbaressing. Also, I looked real close and some of the smaller red dots, ate redness around the pore.

What I have done:

I use the 'Shick- Intuetion' most of the time. I tired changing the solid that comes with it, to a different kind. That didnt make any difference. Than I figured it was Razor Burn. So I went back to using Veet. (I prefure Veet over Nair) and the same thing happened. I use lotion but sometimes, it makes it worse.

Cause:

I have thought it was Razor Burn, but seeing as the Veet does the same thing. I don't know what it is. Maby its a Alergic reaction. I find that hard to beleave since I've used both things ALOT before and have been fine.

Effect:

I just want these red dots and bumps to go away. They are un-sightly and itcy. No one knows what the hell they are. Any Help?

> Thrill-a-Night  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:17 pm
They could be urticaria(AKA hives) from an allergic reaction. It may not be Veet or Nair that is causing it: it may be something else entirely. Have you seen a doctor about your symtoms? That is what I would suggest.  

Exiled Revolutionary

DeadlySpork

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:30 pm
If it's razor burn, you can try preventing it by only shaving after a very warm or hot shower, or you can soak in the tub. The heat opens up your pores. Make sure your legs have been fully damp for about five minutes, at least. In reality, the hairs on your legs are actually tougher than the razor blade, which is why it's important to soften them with water and use a sharp blade. Otherwise, you'll get razorburn and a shave that's not very close. Clean and exfoliate your skin, and possibly even use a moisturing body wash before and after the shave. If you are using shaving cream, don't layer it on too thinly, but it shouldn't be thick, either. Shaving lightly gets the closest cut (odd, but it's the truth). Don't press. Against the grain is the closest shave, but with it is less irritating. Try not to repeat strokes unless you know you missed a spot, and even then, reapply at least some soap to the area or something, of not shaving cream. (You can probably ignore that part if you're using Intuition). Remember to wash with the moisturizing stuff after you're done shaving. This is the worst part. Follow the whole process with a rinse of COLD water. It re-closes your pores and prevents too much heat irritation. When you dry off, don't rub with the towel. Just pat it dry. If you scrub to dry off, you'll be killing the new layer of skin and clogging your pores. Lots more irritation possibilities.

For Veet, those sensitivity bumps disappeared in a day from the use of cold water and aloe. Lots of it. It might just be my skin, though.

Anybody can develop an allergy to just about anything, especially if you use something a lot. It's harder to get rid of allergies. They usually just get worse. Those bumps might just be a side-effect of overuse. Give your legs a break and make sure your skin is always exfoliated and moisturized, or the next time of shaving won't be as much fun. gonk (Not that's it's too much fun to begin with...)  
Just Girls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games