Godflesh

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KingDiamond
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:28 pm
Anyone a fan of this band? They combine post industrial bleak landscapes with down tuned guitars with heavy riffs. Really, in my opinion, the only REAL industrial metal band, since they use more industrial elements than anything else.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:04 pm
You don't think Ministry is real Industrial Metal?(How I hate that term, let's just say electro-metal.)
Or A Violent Work Of Art? Rammstein? Eisbrecher? Megahurtz? They have just as many elements as Godflesh.  

antique sea smoke

Invisible Gatekeeper

KingDiamond
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:57 pm
Cold Mourning
You don't think Ministry is real Industrial Metal?(How I hate that term, let's just say electro-metal.)
Or A Violent Work Of Art? Rammstein? Eisbrecher? Megahurtz? They have just as many elements as Godflesh.

Ministry was Synthpop, then Post Industrial, then Coldwave, and now... whatever Metal with occasional samples and s**t... Violent Work of Art is Nu-Metal, Rammstein is a Hard Rock band with a Synth, Eisbrecher is Darkwave, and Megahurtz is the same gay s**t as Rammstein. They have s**t all to do with Godflesh except for the fact that Ministry and Godflesh helped establish American Coldwave in 88... Ministry's sound being the more favored one.

At this point, we can consider Godflesh's (and the few similar bands) Industrial Metal sound as a subgenre of American Coldwave, brother to Bile's (and similar bands) Extreme Coldwave sound.

Edited by Captain ******** Coldwave!... aka Faceless Nameless.

More bands like P.H.O.B.O.S. seem to be cropping up all over... or being discovered by yours truly... (CC) blending strong Industrial elements with various Metal forms. Aborym is a good example... but not the best.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:46 am
KingDiamond
Anyone a fan of this band? They combine post industrial bleak landscapes with down tuned guitars with heavy riffs. Really, in my opinion, the only REAL industrial metal band, since they use more industrial elements than anything else.

Godflesh is my absolutely favorite band. Not only in an insustrial (sub)genre, but in general. I am a psycho for Justin K. Broadrick. I have most all of the records/CDs from his side projects and other bands. Friggin' brilliant.

Jesu is really good...but not as good as Godflesh.

As far as Industrial Metal, I'd classify some of these bands under that umbrella:
Fear Factory (they often have a member of FLA on synth and production!)
Ministry
NIN (most of the time)
:wumpscut:
Genghis Tron
Electric Hellfire Club
Rob Zombie (listen to his re-mix albums)
Rammstein
KMFDM
Static X
Marilyn Manson (maybe?)  

Zed Melkor

Captain Coldwave
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:01 am
Zed Melkor
KingDiamond

Godflesh is my absolutely favorite band. Not only in an insustrial (sub)genre, but in general. I am a psycho for Justin K. Broadrick. I have most all of the records/CDs from his side projects and other bands. Friggin' brilliant.

Jesu is really good...but not as good as Godflesh.

As far as Industrial Metal, I'd classify some of these bands under that umbrella:
Fear Factory (they often have a member of FLA on synth and production!)
Ministry
NIN (most of the time)
:wumpscut:
Genghis Tron
Electric Hellfire Club
Rob Zombie (listen to his re-mix albums)
Rammstein
KMFDM
Static X
Marilyn Manson (maybe?)

NO YOU FAIL!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:03 am
KingDiamond

Agreed... well, P.H.O.B.O.S. is pretty Industrial... and Sludgey.

There's also some French band... Treponem Pal... but only their early work, before they decided to make it dancey... and Hordes of Satan, Godflesh worship better than early Pitch Shifter... even if their demo has an early Pitch Shifter cover on it.  

Captain Coldwave
Vice Captain

The Industrial Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces