Reply Disney's Little Secrets
Hunchback of Notre Dame

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyOfWinds

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:18 pm
Claim: Beauty and the Beast's Belle can be glimpsed in a scene from The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Origins: Belle appears during the film's second musical number, the sequence in which Quasimodo sings "Out There" from atop the roof of the Notre Dame cathedral. As the camera slowly pans down and along a street reminiscent of Belle's home town in Beauty and the Beast towards a small group of people, Belle appears in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, walking and reading a book (and wearing her blue dress, of course). In the same scene, a sharp-eyed viewer can catch glimpses of a rooftop satellite dish, The Lion King's Pumbaa being carried by two men with a pole, and a street merchant shaking out the flying carpet from Aladdin.

User Image

Taken from: Snopes  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:16 pm
lol, that is pretty funny!! Disney is notorious for referencing itself!! 3nodding  

XxSmitten_Kitten_13xX

CeaCia
Crew

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:24 pm
Ok I just watched the movie yesterday and noticed this:

Towards the end of the movie when the soldiers climb Notre Dame one of them falls into the water and as he falls he yells like Goofy (the yah-who-ee-ee kinda yell)

And there's a reference to the Wizard of Oz with the line "fly my pretties, fly" and then music like the wicked witch music plays  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:02 pm
yea i spotted the belle thing.

also i reckon the whole hell fire song is a bit gutzy 4 disney, wen u think about it, its a bout frollo having wicked lust for esmeralda and saying that either she belongs to him or he'll burn her.  

midnite.blu.dragonfly

Disney's Little Secrets

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff