Reply Winterguard
Zombies- what was your past Winterguard Show? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXxSasaraxXx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:47 pm
my first year of winterguard was the shiznit!

The judges threatened to disqulify us because our show was 'Offensive'! We were zombies, and we ate people and everything! XD Coolest thing EVER! So, we became more offensive. We even had a priest in the show! XD

But, we lasted, and made, like, 7th place out of fourteen. Not bad, considering it was the first time spinning for most of us, and the first year of Winterguard for our school.

I'm an Offensive Zombie  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:25 am
we had a pompeii-ish type show. village has a festival and is conveniently located near the volcano...there's a family and basically the volcano blows and the family pushes their kid to safety and the whole village except the kid dies.

...guess who died first?

me.

I am a lava covered dead villager.

and since i have to go to band camp, this is a reminder for me to post about the other wintershow based on the song clocks by coldplay.  

a1586741290875635

Naritu the butterfly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:48 am
We did a School Dayz show.. It was actually called Skool Daze...the girls dressed in school uniforms and boys had suits... We spun chairs.. LOTS OF FUN!!!

Even though it hurt if u dropped them  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:09 pm
we did a show called lonley river and got 7th in WGI finals  

Autumn Guard Lady

[Estelle]

Questionable Informer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:04 am
Oh my goodness, I totally saw the Lonely River show.

I got to play the role of a seductive little siren. Isn't that fun? We were all dressed in green velvet and black corsets, our hair was all crazy and had netting in it, and the makeup was thick and dark. But it was fun. People backed away from us because honestly, we kinda looked scary. During the show I would see audience members like look shocked or turn away from someone's gaze. It was kinda funny though.

We got 12th at WGI finals.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:37 pm
Autumn Guard Lady
we did a show called lonley river and got 7th in WGI finals

i think i saw that one, actually.
small world.
did your floor have the big bridge on it?
i think there were two or three groups that did that song.  

a1586741290875635

xXxSasaraxXx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:16 pm
I am totaly doing 'The Button' this upcoming season! XD  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:18 am
last year we had an "independence" theme and was about breaking out of conformity...ironic that the guard we tied with for 1st had a show where one girl starts out different than the rest then becomes like them...weird much. but when we tied all the judges didn't notice til then and were like..."opps, that's not right"  

strangerthanfiction

Accidental Affinity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Naritu the butterfly
We did a School Dayz show.. It was actually called Skool Daze...the girls dressed in school uniforms and boys had suits... We spun chairs.. LOTS OF FUN!!!

Even though it hurt if u dropped them

omg i remember that show XD it was pretty cool.

last year i was in a middle school guard (so we were in Regional A) and our show put people to sleep. it was called 'nightswimming', and we renamed it 'nightdrowning' (when out director wasn;t around, of course). we were a bunch of short kids in too much make-up and skin colored spandex hitting ourselves in the head with plain white flags while the audience (of a total of 10 people) fell asleep.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:37 pm
I'm a 2nd year Guard member now, and still having a BLAST in Winter season!!! ^^ Our show last year was with the song New by No Doubt, and we had these HOTT metallic blue leopard print tops with a black velvet stripe from shoulder to hip and a collar part on the neck and black pants for uniforms, and we were the SHIZNIT!! We took first or second in almost every competition, and out of like 25+ schools we were 1/10th of a point away from EXACTLY making the top 10, but we got 11th @ championships...

And THIS year our show is even better!!! Now I'm on the rifle line, and our song is Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls. We're in a higher division this year...Intermediate A, so the judging has been harsh...We STILL haven't taken a single trophy yet this season, and 2 weeks from now is our qualifying competition for championships, so i hope we do we and place high enough to make it. But even though we're kinda disappointed in our placing so far, I still LOVE our show!! Our uniforms are the same black pants and only this year we have bright metallic pink tops that have kind of rainbowy colors mixed in. We are SOOO HOTT!! I'll post pics of this year and last year if anyone wants...and feel free to PM me too! ^^  

Issina

Inwe Ancatol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:51 am
Last year for me was the Da Vinci code. I don't think I ever had an offensive colorguard show.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:53 am
that's so cool. I envy you. We were... little Chilaen girls dancing around a floor. Kinda boring...  

Killer Mockingbird

I Got A Brace Face

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:35 pm
A zombie show sounds AMAZING. I thing our guard instructor is awesome, but he only does happy songs and shows. We never get to do sad or have anger in our shows. We just smile all the time and that's the only expression we are allowed to make.

Anyway; to our shows. The only season I was in guard was my sophmore year, and it was to Cyndi Lauper's "True Colors." I hated the song, to be honest, I thought it was so boring. We had dirt-brown flags and a brown pallate-shaped mat with burgandy-colored velvet uniforms.

I wish that I would've been able to do guard the next two seasons, because even though they were fluffly and happy, the songs actually sounded decent and we had a pretty cloud mat and actual colors. My junior year was "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" sung by Eva Cassidy, and this past year was "Someday I'll Fly Away" from Moulin Rouge.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:26 am
Zombies! was fun.
We almost got disqualified - who else can say that with a smile?
biggrin
It makes me happy!

KimiisforLovers

Winterguard

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out