Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Phobias/Fears
Okay, this sounds fantastically bizarre...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whiterain Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:53 pm
...But I keep having nightmares wherin this happens. I'm terrified of insects. Not just any insects...ants. Common, tiny, ants. Not just the African ones that eat everything in their path, but just normal kitchen ants. I keep everything clean as Hell trying to keep them out but I can't.
Which is where the nightmares come in. I always have nightmares that I go on vacation and leave my place in care of a friend who lets it all go to Hell in a handbasket. I come back and they're everywhere. Of course it ends with them attacking and...yeah.
I dunno what to do about this. Maybe someone knows...? My friend who reffered me (Aufstandkind) is an entomology student and a lovely person but can't advise me beyond "They're just little bugs (insert facts about how cool they are)". We don't talk about bugs anymore razz  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:00 pm
It's very true, I'm awful at advising anything to do with bugs because I get carried away with how much I love them. xd  

Dread Dionaea

Pinkcat Florist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:15 pm
She's kinda got a point. Learning more about ants helps you get rid of your fear of them. But I'm not laughing at you or anything. Almost everyone hates ants. I normally don't squish bugs (because I'm afraid to kill, and bug guts are just GROSS), but whenever I see a bug, I just shoo it out. Unless it's a mosquito. Then it dies, or I'll be mosquito food. I'm pretty sure you don't want to touch one, so I'll assume you put ant traps all over the place. Just tell your friend to buy some ant traps and be careful to not step on them. But maybe if you just left your house/apartment/dorm all alone, without the care of someone, it'll be okay? Well, duh, of course you'll lock it.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:52 am
Okay, thanks a bunch for the advice 3nodding I'll secure some ant traps immediatly. I'll just have to ask for help emptying them XP  

Whiterain Dragon

Trinco
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:42 am
Okay ant traps are good for a short period of time, but if you want to stop them coming in or at least be safe in knowledge that they cant come in then i would fill up and cracks in the walls or corners, check behind places for small cracks, your door may even have a small gap at the bottom so try to cover that up. This should hopefully keep them out.

Okay asa for these dreams, okay its all to do sub consciously me rekons. Since you are so afraid of Ants coming it its turned into this BIG problem ... so ofcourse in your dream the Ants are going to attack you.

If you want try to just think before you go to bed/sleep that you are like BILLIONS the size of ANY ant and you could kick thier a** XP ... one finger and SQUISH .... but truelly if your safe in the knowledge that ants cant bother you then the dreams should die down after a while ( dosent normally happen straight away )

Remember stray food this the no1 reason ants come in, so clean it up ASAP

Anyway hope this helps,

Jon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:08 pm
If I still lived in California I'd help!  

Dread Dionaea

x__silenced lullaby

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:04 am
o.o;  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:05 pm
hey, it's better then being afraid of pegusis the winged horse.... redface  

lannalamma

Trinco
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:14 pm
lannalamma

LOL! but isnt pegasus meant to be friendly ... XD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:57 am
The best way to get rid of ants in the house/dorm/appartment/etc is to find out where they are coming it. The weather is cold and they will want to get out of the freezing weather. You can't blame the little guys there. Find their entrance(s) and seal them up! If you can't, ant traps and sprays are the next best thing. Be careful where you spray the poison though! Good luck!  

Talia Arcanum

Hakuna Smiles`

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:54 pm
OK - I'll say the typical thing

"You're a lot bigger than them..."

They really can't harm you. Set traps and so on, and you'll be OK.

And I'll tell you a secret...
I have some sort of phobia of baked beans... redface

There. You're just as sane as I am....  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:02 pm
Trinco
lannalamma

LOL! but isnt pegasus meant to be friendly ... XD
not when u have a nightmare about him eating you're friends when you were 7 T^T  

lannalamma

coolcheese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:47 pm
well, try squishing them.
make urself feel superrior to them and they cant hurt u.
My advise to u is to NOT - i repeat - NOT see "the ANT Bully".
its where the ants take over and....ya.
sweatdrop  
Phobias/Fears

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces