Reply The Cooking Enthusiasts' Guild!
Cooking in video games?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Am I going crazy?
  Yes.
  No, don't listen to the voices in your head.
View Results

Pinkcat Florist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:33 pm
I play this game called Harvest Moon. It's really about farming and raising a family, but you can also make food with your crops and sell them. In that game, I was inspired to make many things. I was also amazed at how easy it made real life cooking seem. Like in the game, you can just put an apple in a blender to make apple juice. xd

But I was also wondering what if there was a game completely about cooking? Like you can only start with the crappiest ingredients and then sell your dishes to tiny companies so you can get more money and buy better ingredients to sell to big companies so you can become a master chef. And then you can compete against your evil rival who is trying to poison everyone or something. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:25 am
Not by an American team(Cooking Mama for the DS, has recently been brought over for the US markets) If an American team does make one anytime soon, though, you can bet the Food Network will have something to do with it.  

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Alma2011

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:15 pm
I LOVE HARVEST MOON!!!!!! blaugh that is such an awesome game!!!!
mrgreen
i really enjoy cooking things in that game and then selling them or giving them to ppl

i want an omelet now...... stare i have no milk though.....this sucks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:27 am
aside from cooking mama, i am unaware of any other games that revolve around cooking. however, my favorite cooking minigame is in suikoden 2. its really fun to compete using different kinds of recipes and spices, and you have to keep in mind the palates of the people you are cooking for.  

Sith Penguin

Jaryl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:21 pm
Alma2011

i want an omelet now...... stare i have no milk though.....this sucks

I use water if I am out of milk when making an omelet.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:54 am
I love Harvest Moon! I have Harvest Moon: Magical Melody, and Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, but I still don't have all the recipes... And I don't feel like using cheats... (Although I took a LONG glance once. xp )

I've heard of a game called Mother Theresa's Cooking for the Hungry or something like that, and it's a game where you're Mother Theresa, and you cook. But...the game hasn't been published out yet because of two things: the use of knives in the game, and...well, Mother Theresa. (Is it wrong to have a Catholic person in a game, anyways?!)

Note: I tried looking up the title, but I couldn't find ANYTHING anywhere! Shoot, the game's less publicized than I thought. crying

MiasmaMoon

Incarcerated_love

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:38 pm
I love harvest moon too. It's so fun to grow your own crops and then cook. I wish they would come out with something like a cross between Harvest Moon and Diner Dash. Where you own an organic resturaunt or a country kitchen and raise your own stuff and make your own recipes. There are some out there I heard of cooking momma, I think it's only on nintendo DS, dunno.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:13 pm
lol
omg i love it
then ppl who can't cook at all can learn
:]  

T3ddyB3arL0v3

-teNOrjACk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:15 am
Well, there is a manga I know called Kitchen Princess, and it comes with all the recipes mentioned in the book. There's also Cooking Mama and Cooking Mama: Cook Off. That's pretty much it... OH! No, there are other games There's one called Family Restaurant. You make the dish, like try to copy it and then serve it. There's also Diner Dash, although it's not really cooking... And here is a link to cooking games. You have to look through the pages to get to the good ones, though.

http://www.oyunlar1.com/cookinggames.asp

Hope I could be of help!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:05 pm
they have cooking mama as everyone had said. they also have one called Master Chef or something like that and Iron Chef, ooh and they have Hell's Kitchen!  

Assassin Lizzie _emk

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Cooking Enthusiasts' Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items