Gaia Panel 2007 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Editor
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:32 pm
As long as the demand for the AE Gaia Panel is still there, I will be setting up the panel again for 2007.

So I ask you this:

What was good about the previous panels? What wasn't?
What can we do to improve the panel for 2007? (and please don't ask to get Lanzer, as you know I'm already trying and if it's at all possible it will be done, but it quite unlikely at this point.)

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:28 pm
Lanzer needs to get his lazy butt back up to Vancouver.

Back onto topic.

GaiaPanel04' was the only one I managed to go to. I completely missed 05 and 06 due to staffing. So... I say... PREVIEWS! And posters are always loved.

Random Romanji

Crew

Eloquent Player

heart ashleyy

Shirtless Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:22 pm
lol @ I promise i'll come... sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop
I'll even bring prizes! =D
/goes off to buy stuff for the pannel

And I mean prizes IRL. From the store. =)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:08 pm
User Image

Okay here is a list that may or amy not makes things better...plus just some of my and some other people thoughts on thing.. casue like 5 of us like to go to the pannel every AE XD

1. Having it earlier in the day.
I couldn't even make it casue it was around 7ish (I beleive)...that is just way to late..

2. Have it advertised better.
I had a hard time even finding if ther was a Gaia panel..yet alon trying to find the room XD

3. Have some important come to the panel.
Yes we would all love to see lanzer.. but that probly isn't really possible.. hes like super busy XD
But maybe getting another admin or a well known mod to come up would be cool too.

4. Free stuff!
People love free stuff or even things we can buy..
Some of us can't even use the gaia store..
So maybe having some items brought in that we can either buy or fight for would be really cool. Even posters or anything for that matter would be cool XD

and that's all for now.. gotta ask my peoples what else they would like to see as well XD

Eskape-Peanut

Aged Member

3,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Market Browser 100

e-imi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:48 pm
Maybe some Gaia store prizes at the panel for contests?
I know I would love to try and get my hands on a O RLY hat in IRL...
lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:30 pm
User Image

ORLY? hats are the best XD

Eskape-Peanut

Aged Member

3,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Market Browser 100

heart ashleyy

Shirtless Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:58 am
Hearts of Inu Yasha
Maybe some Gaia store prizes at the panel for contests?
I know I would love to try and get my hands on a O RLY hat in IRL...
lol
I'll buy one of each hat, probably a few posters, key chains, a shirt or two, and maybe even passes for me to donate 10$ US(Hand made passes, whoo! xD)...
But yeah.
I'll think of contest ideas later.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:59 pm
biggrin

Last years panel was a lot of fun, I must admit. However it would be much more interesting to see more interaction, more of a gathering or sit around with sacks or lunches. Or even a game, chat about item, the exchange. (only problem would be finding a space with an open area, or going outside after).

Most users see (on youtube) from ther offical panel of what is to come, so seeing that for me, isn't very interesting. Even a faster slide show of that, mainly because most panels only have an hour~.

I know last year, a lot of cool prizes were given away (letters and such). I would be wonderful to see that generosity once again. I'll have a look in the inv to see what I have kicking around. :3
-Perhaps a bulk order from the the Gaia shop? It would be cool if some stuff was sent to AE to sell at either a booth or the panel.

If any help is needed this year, I'm willing to give a hand. biggrin

(cold fingers... sorry for spelling mistakes XD).  

K U R I C A K E
Captain

Shameless Detective

11,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150

Editor
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:14 am
Just notes on the posts so far, and thank you for them.

1) Idealy, I would like to run the panel early in the day as my for Staffing I'm on the graveyard shift this year. So I would hope to have the panel at 9 to 10ish. This would also mean that after the proper panel people would be able to gather socially right afterwards about 11. I know this may be a bit early for some, But for those whose remember a couple years ago how out of it I was you understand.

2) Stuff for sale: It is unlikely that there will be stuff for sale, as it would mean somebody would have to buy the stuff first and then bring it to the con. The hoops and hassles of bring a large quantity of items over the border for resale is a huge pain in the a** for a proper retailer. But if there is a way....

3) Gaia store prizes/free stuff: As with the posters a few years back, If we can get give aways, I would love to have them, and I will try. If I had the personal fortune to just buy a crap load I would, but until that happens I wil try but no promices.

4) Advertising: The panel was clearly placed on the Convention schedule (twice) with the room number and times. All rooms are clearly marked and as the room was full both times, Enough people were able to find it. Plus the panel was clearly mentioned online before the con and as always if you can't find something at con please visit the help booth, That's why it's there.

5) Guests: I would love to have someone special there for people, but the reality is what people want to see are the site higher-ups/employees. That means unless one of them wishes to come up to the convention from California and spend their own cash and vacation time, To have one, they would be a guest of the panel and not the convention itself, (Sorry the convention itself just doesn't have the extra cash to cover this one) Somebody would have to pay to fly them up here, cover their food, hotel and per deim. Again if I win the 6-49, it's a done deal, reality however isn't as kind.

Now then just as the people who won prizes in the letter draw are aware, the panel has a mule account that holds onto the (online) prizes. If you have any extra event items, letters, or stuff you are not using that you wish to donate to the panel drawing, send trades/gifts to therealae-chan.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:01 pm
I fully intend to raffle off 2 August '07 letters independently, as I did last time with the '06s. Mainly because I have access to SFU's internet (hooray for abusing student privileges!) and I can send them off immediately. Plus it's only going to be like $5.25 out of my bank account anyway. That's what, a lunch that I can skip? xd

I rather liked the PowerPoint stuff we had this time around, though. It made things so much more organized than previous years when we kind of had mass chaos and yelling. However, if the presentation is too long it leaves less room for discussion, so it might be a good idea to have a little less PowerPoint stuff, with a Q&A period at the end, leading into the social gathering time and prize raffling. biggrin

Oh, and it's nice to have stuff that wasn't covered in previous panels that are filmed up on YouTube, like we did last year. Here's hoping Jakobo sends us more goodies!  

Lythiaren

Feral Cat

heart ashleyy

Shirtless Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:30 am
I think we should make a new panel video. /coughcenterofattentioncough
Anyways, apart from saving for japan, I guess I could put 100$ aside for the panel from now until the con. I'll buy a couple hats, and probably a good 50 August 'o7 letters. Hahahaha. Maybe not so many, but still.
Maybe i'll even dress up for the pannel. xD Hahaha.

Anyways, point is -> I like helping anyway I can.
And having someone so young and energetic makes everything easier. ^_~

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:36 pm
Tewwtuler
I think we should make a new panel video.

More details please.  

Editor
Crew

#2shippy

IRL Conventioneer

5,050 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:41 pm
last year was my first con so ya. but i think you should give more infromation on upcomeing feature's  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:00 pm
Hum, Lets see, That nice possibly early start would be nice, I just hope its no to early xp

The only thing I realy missed was possibly a chance to buy/get Gaia stuff.
* And I know what you mean about the retail end, it is a pain but quite possible if your early enough, UPS is excelent in the states and you might be suprized how quick it would all come, even a large order there usualy better because you can track them, The trouble is how much to order, and if no one buys you get stuck with the stock xp
I'm technicly a retailer or rather I work for a private one so this is all up my ally you might say.*

The only other thing that would have been cool is more socializing time which looks possible this year, Very cool, tell me though, if for some reason we miss the pannel, would the socializing thing still be open to us?

The only reason I realy like going to the gaia pannel is to see other gaians like myself.. Its not like there are many over here on the island xp

Oh and I'll be in my wings and tail again.. This year with Minis 4laugh possibly a different outfit though, depends on the weather.  

Dragoil

Emarii

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:51 pm
I left last year about half an hour into it because I had much better things to do ._.;;

The talk about 'upcoming features' could be shortened conveniently to say...10 minutes...and give us a lot of social activities to get to know eachother.

I vote that you make everyone do something random, like getting up and doing a social activity to break the ice. Like having everyone in the room try to say their usernames in under a minute. Or divide everyone up into groups (even that could be fun...like say "Everyone with PURPLE hair on their avatar, come to this corner!" and "Everyone who has a KiKi Kitty come to the first row of seats!) and have each group talk amongst eachother about their lives on Gaia.

Because it's really awkward in that room at first. whee

THE UNOFFICIAL ANIME EVOLUTION GUILD

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces