Reply Deathrock
Darkwave... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

6R07

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:51 pm
Would darkwave really be affiliated? If anything I'd put french coldwave instead.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:14 am
I've always heard darkwave is like the new goth for some reason. It's said that there just isn't a lot of good goth bands out there anymore. At least none that I have heard of.  

`Requiem

Sinister Kung Fu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:25 am
Musically, no darkwave really isn't affiliated. It seems to be the majority of what's in the scene these days though, at least around here.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:14 pm
There are a few ties between gothrock/deathrock and darkwave. One would be Clan of Xymox, in comparing their way old stuff to the new.  

A Kiss Goodbye

Super-Lawyer-Man-Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:36 pm
I personally think that Darkwave is affiliated with Goth but not directly connected. I enjoy bands like London After Midnight, Switchblade Symphony ( gonk ), and The Cruxshadows quite a bit, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:10 pm
Well, most darkwave bands are influenced by the typical goth bands, heh, so that's where the relationship is in. I personally see deathrock in a similar manner, but that's just me. ninja  

Shadowolf

Vice Captain

6R07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:49 am
Sure, darkwave and goth... but darkwave and deatrock? question  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:48 am
A Kiss Goodbye
There are a few ties between gothrock/deathrock and darkwave. One would be Clan of Xymox, in comparing their way old stuff to the new.

I would think that Clan of Xymox woudl be a good example.  

Adonais is Dead

Shadowolf

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:49 am
Nonster

xd
Yeah, that's where it gets pretty damn odd.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:27 pm
Shadowolf
Nonster

xd
Yeah, that's where it gets pretty damn odd.

Agreed.  

Xhanatos

6R07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:34 pm
CXS + Deathrock = Tragic Black??? (AMIRITE??)

cool  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:47 pm
Nonster

cool

XD
I see the lead singer and some of the band members walking around here all the time.
I live in the same place as them

Super-Lawyer-Man-Man

antique sea smoke

Invisible Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:05 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
Musically, no darkwave really isn't affiliated. It seems to be the majority of what's in the scene these days though, at least around here.

No, the majority of the CRAP the scene has become, is because of shitty ebm bands like VNV Nation and Seabound.
DARKWAVE is an amazing genre. It's deeper than EBM, and it's really just Goth ROCK mixed with electronics, as opposed to just electronics.

London After Midnight, Diary Of Dreams, Sopor Aeternus, Switchblade Symphony(The band credited with bringing the scene back from the stagnation that the Sisters caused) Adversus, Element, Void Stares Back, all great Darkwave bands that I wouldn't mind hearing at a club or meet-up.

Darkwave has more to do with goth than ebm does. Tragic black make it known that they are a Darkwave/Deathrock hybrid, among other things.

..Cruxshadows should be shot, though. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:31 pm
Cold Mourning
Sinister Kung Fu

No, the majority of the CRAP the scene has become, is because of shitty ebm bands like VNV Nation and Seabound.
DARKWAVE is an amazing genre. It's deeper than EBM, and it's really just Goth ROCK mixed with electronics, as opposed to just electronics.

London After Midnight, Diary Of Dreams, Sopor Aeternus, Switchblade Symphony(The band credited with bringing the scene back from the stagnation that the Sisters caused) Adversus, Element, Void Stares Back, all great Darkwave bands that I wouldn't mind hearing at a club or meet-up.

Darkwave has more to do with goth than ebm does. Tragic black make it known that they are a Darkwave/Deathrock hybrid, among other things.

No, I know that. That's why I included darkwave in the intro paragraph. I'm going to see the Cruxshadows tomorrow night. biggrin
Around here the majority of the scene is pretty much darkwave oriented. Of course there's plenty of EBM to go around, but most of the bands that come here are of the darkwave variety. There's little to no deathrock, and very little EBM.

Sinister Kung Fu

A Kiss Goodbye

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:34 pm
Nonster

cool

rofl  
Deathrock

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas