Seen the play
  Read the book
  BOTH!
  neither.... :(
  wait, what?
View Results

Underestimated_Angel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:41 pm
Have you read the book, or seen the play? Or maybe just read the book. Do you get the jist?

I have done neither (my heart cries so) but I'm seeing the play in September. Yay!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:31 am
I haven't read the book, nor have I seen the play...
I've heard the OST and I love the songs *_*  

MsFactotum

Elphie_defies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:49 pm
Read and have seen and am now reading Son of a Witch  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:52 pm
I've seen it twice, read the book and also Son of A Witch. ^^  

Bellphaba

WickedWitchElphaba

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:12 pm
I saw the musical July 8th in Chicago. I went for my birthday. Unfortunaty [for me], I didn't hassle my mom enough this year. We're going on vacation. Not that I'm complaining, but I'd like to at least be in my own country for my birthday!

Read the book twice. And Son of a Witch once. I don't like the latter very much; I find Liir to be a bit of an idiot.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:28 am
I haven't read the book yet, nor have I seen the play live...I was looking for the soundtrack to download, but I accidentally typed it under "video search" and I came across a video in which someone took a camera into Broadway and taped the whole thing, so i watch it often. (aren't I lucky?) I still wanna go see it on Broadway, though...it's just not the same seeing it taped and seeing it in person...  

Kinhotaru

MaeFae

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:34 pm
I've seen the show five times in chicago, and read the book.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:24 am
I've seen the play twice on Broadway, once when Shoshana Bean and Megan Hilty were in it and once with Julia Murney and Kendra Kassebaum. Unfortunately I missed the original cast because I hadn't really been interested in it. I probably never would have seen it if my aunt hadn't gotten me the tickets for Christmas the first time.

As for the book, I've read it twice. I have Son of a Witch, but I haven't read it yet. I haven't heard extremely great things about it anyway, and I just haven't made the time.  

SingingPenguins

Elphie_defies

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:08 pm
i might be seeing the play again in december!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:45 pm
I've done both, but I only read the book because my dad bet me twenty dollars that I couldn't finish it in under 24 hours (I won). Throughout the novel, I kept wanting to punch Nessa in the face every time she opened her mouth, and I really did like Glinda better as an idiot. Same for Fiyero. I also had a hard time tolerating Liir at all. He was kind of whiny and annoying.

I saw the musical once in Philadelphia early this month, and several zillion times on Youtube. I can't remember who was in it exactly, but that Glinda was acting like she'd downed several dozen espressos, and even for a Glinda, that was REALLY peppy and hyper. Not a bad thing, though--at times, it added to the comic relief. I was really impressed with the Morrible they had too. I kept wishing she'd had more lines at the time.  

Falafel25

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Wicked: A New Musical

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items