Reply ~*The Official Yugioh Yaoi Guild!*~
Why do so much people hate Anzu? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mizuko-sama

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:31 am
Please post plausible and reasonable reasons besides friendship speeches. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:40 am
It's mostly the english dub. I think it has something, however, to do with the fact that she's the only chick in the anime that appears constantly throughout the series and hangs out with all the pretty men. X3
I personally have a problem with her obsession over Atem. She hurts little Yuugi and at first it seems like she uses him just to get close to Atem. I'm thinking mostly of volume 6 at the amusement part when I say that. I don't think it's fair is all, but other than that Anzu is a pretty cool character. I don't hate her, though I used to because she kept Yuugi from killing Seto and at the time I wanted him dead.
gonk Noooo~ Seto-sama!

Aria Rothsbane

superwhatever

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:59 am
she just want yami for her selfish needs ,and interferes between Yami and yugi!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:58 pm
I actually like Anzu though. But, I agree with M2K, a lot of the immature fangirls are probably 'jealous' of her hanging out with them or something. And then, puzzleshippers probably feel like she gets in the way of that pairing. *shrug* All immature reasoning if you ask me.

I'm sure a lot of it is because of the dub though.

I forgive her for what she did to Yuugi in Volume 6. A lot of people make mistakes regarding crushes and do stupid things - that's just the reality of things. She makes up for it later on. I guess some fans just don't give her a second chance.  

Akila_Ishtar

Kavvana

Eloquent Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:11 pm
I don't have a problem with her, I just got a little upset when she did that to Yuugi in volume 6. She's alright with me thought. She really got points for her matrix kick in the movie, however. That was just hilarious. XD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:20 am
Dub ruined her... *sigh* I highly disliked her until I began watching YUU*GI*OU in Japanese... so I guess I like Anzu, but not "TeĆ”." And also the jealousy people feel for her. Then again, I'm sure there are the few mature people out there who simply don't like her personality, and I can respect them. It's just the few people like that are so rare compared to the countless who bash her for "friendship speeches and liking Yami." She did really piss me off in volume six during the amusement park, but doesn't every character make mistakes? I mean, look at what Jounouchi and Honda did to Yuugi before he solved the puzzle. And look what Yami no Yuugi did during his duel against Raphael. And look what Kaiba did with Death T. And look what Pegasus did to revive his wife. And look what Malik did when he thought the Pharoah killed his father. Somehow... Anzu's mistake doesn't seem that bad compared to most of those. XD;;  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Akila_Ishtar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:11 am
Hahaha, wow Kitsune, that is really true. Her mistakes can hardly compare to most of the other characters.

I guess this leads me to two theories:

1.) Even though Anzu's flaws clearly pale in comparison to most of the other characters (all whom which happen to be pretty male characters), the fact that she is female out weights them in there flaws because it doesn't please the female fan base. If you look at the female characters in other series you see simuliar things; I see Kagome and Kikyou bashing threads in the Inuyasha fandom; but not really any Inuyasha or Sesshomaru bashing threads. A lot of the fangirl type fans seem to hate the girl for even having a subtle suggestion of having a relationship with one of 'their' bishonen. Therefore, even though the character hardly did anything wrong, they decided to hate them because it invades their fantasies. I still think this is foolish, while I admit I'm a Malik fangirl, if Anzu was after him I wouldn't like her any less. *shrug* She's just a normal teenage girl, and we tend to get little crushes once in awhile. If that is such a flaw, these fangirls should take a look at themselves. And if they are crushing on Yuugi or Yami no Yuugi, then they have more in common with Anzu then they think. XD

2.) My second theory is that maybe she isn't flawed enough? I'm not sure about this one - but the reason I personally like characters like Malik and Jounouchi is cause they are a bit f*cked up. Okay, so Malik is a bit more f*cked up logic wise, and even though he is a jerk I still love him. I really like Anzu, but maybe if she had a messed up past life, and more character depth I'd like her more? I'm not sure, but even finding out more about Honda's past with gangs, and Otogi's past with his father helped me to enjoy those characters more. *shrug* Or, it could just be that she no matter what, in the end she is just a girl main character - in a show with almost all male characters. Kinda puts her in a bad position I suppose.

- On another note, I know a lot of guy fans who do like her. Although, when I ask them they prefer Mai. Because she is 'hot'. -.-;; I'm glad not all Yuugiou fans are so shallow... gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:44 pm
...all I can do in response to that post Akila is agree and applaud... *agrees* *applauds*  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Akila_Ishtar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:07 pm
o__O;

Really now? I'm not sure that was worth applauding but, um thanks. XD; I wish there was a real reason for it. We ought to have a poll on it... and discover the true cause of "Anzu haters" or whatever they call themselves.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:16 pm
XD Good idea, but it would probably be better to have the poll in the main Gaia forums, so we don't only get yaoi fangirls.  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Akila_Ishtar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:56 pm
I was thinking of a different sort of poll though...

...I don't think a gaia poll is very accurate when it comes to such things. -.- (Due to the poll whore factor)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:00 pm
Oh, good point. Whoops. XD;;;  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Yaoi_Koi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:10 pm
Do I have to post something reasonable? Oh well, based on opinion right? Anzu is one of thoughs characters that have that annoying type of personality. I guess it has something to do with her wanting Atem and hurting poor little Yuugi, and that I am a Yaoi kinda person myself ^^l;;;;; who knows.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:08 am
And she proves my point.

She never meant to hurt Yuugi; girls have crushes and I don't see what is wrong with that.

Besides - what's an annoying type of personality anyway?  

Akila_Ishtar

Ananta The Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:57 pm
I don't really hate her to her core. I just think she is pretty annoying. Like how I don't like Kagome. She will scream Inuyasha's name 10 times when she see' him fainted. He isn't going to wake up. I am rambaling again. Back on topic. I haven't watched the japanese version of Yu-gi-oh so I don't really think my opinion works right now. But she is one of those characters that points out the obvious really loudly. Or she asks stupid questions.  
~*The Official Yugioh Yaoi Guild!*~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff