Lady_Geronimo
Vice Captain

Romantic Bloodsucker

8,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:33 pm
I have seen disputes on fansites. They seem to find a difference in the band in their earlier years as opposed to their more current albums. Some Fans are more partial to the Visual Kei Diru others prefer this more casual side of them.

I was just curious about the preferences of my guildmates

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:21 pm
actually i love both looks.

The Visual Kei looks is awesome because the elegance of the outfits they would wear, and the make-up that would fit perfectly with them. Eventhough some of the outfits were heavy and made them exhausted at the end of the day. Still they were beautiful to look and to cosplay.

The Casual look is even better because it shows how much they've grown up, and the manlyness of what they really look like. I love the casual look because it's a chance for them to be themseves and show their individuality each member has.

so for me, it's really hard to like one look of Diru's.

Amyra_Rose
Captain

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Wilixer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:31 pm
For me, it's not really a matter of preferring thier visual kei look, but more their personalities when they were visual. They seemed to be more fun and goofy back then. Now, they're more mature and mellow kinda, which is still cool of course, but sometimes I miss thier spazzy days. ^^
But the music has always been awesome no matter what. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:27 pm
Treacle_Faerie
For me, it's not really a matter of preferring thier visual kei look, but more their personalities when they were visual. They seemed to be more fun and goofy back then. Now, they're more mature and mellow kinda, which is still cool of course, but sometimes I miss thier spazzy days. ^^
But the music has always been awesome no matter what. heart

That's actually a really good point. But I must agree I miss their more playful days. Like Toshiya with his toy tank..sooo kawaii crying  

Lady_Geronimo
Vice Captain

Romantic Bloodsucker

8,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Wilixer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:05 pm
I love that vid! Cutie Toshi heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:57 am
Treacle_Faerie
I love that vid! Cutie Toshi heart

I know!! I miss the cuteness!! gonk  

Lady_Geronimo
Vice Captain

Romantic Bloodsucker

8,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

xxxdeletemexxx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:08 pm
Music > looks

They're look has toned down, but so what? They've gotten older, and established themselves in the music industry, therefore don't need to use the visual kei gimmick anymore.

The music pwnd then and it pwns just as hard now.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:13 pm
*tries to find the hidden "both" option in the poll*
I love both actually.
and I'm kinda glad that diru went casual when they did because I don't wanna see them end up like KISS (old school american rock band) 50+ years old running around in make-up, spandex and platform boots. personal opinion but that is kinda icky.
I love their vis kei look but i give them oodles of respect points for dressing cool yet mature. And rocking just as hard as ever if not more. (i just hope they don't become too influnced by euro or american bands, don't get me wrong, I just dont want to see diru become emo or pop-ish which seems to be the current flavor of rock today crying )

Angry Psycho
Vice Captain

Akimaru Inoy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:28 pm
Visual Kei  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:15 pm
I actually really liked when they were doing the transition. They had a really casual style but still had some VK in there. If I have to choose between just the two though I guess I like them better casual (though I loved some of the things they came up with when they were still VK).  

PururinEleven

5,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Wataru_is_love

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:16 pm
I need a "both" option, seriously. I love them both/either way.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:24 pm
Hmmmm I think I'm in the middle somewhere...leaning towards the more casual side..  

PinkSpider

spacegirlspiff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:38 pm
Angry Psycho
*tries to find the hidden "both" option in the poll*
I love both actually.
and I'm kinda glad that diru went casual when they did because I don't wanna see them end up like KISS (old school american rock band) 50+ years old running around in make-up, spandex and platform boots. personal opinion but that is kinda icky.
I love their vis kei look but i give them oodles of respect points for dressing cool yet mature. And rocking just as hard as ever if not more. (i just hope they don't become too influnced by euro or american bands, don't get me wrong, I just dont want to see diru become emo or pop-ish which seems to be the current flavor of rock today crying )

i totally agree! their music has always been great although their sound has evolved. sometimes i wish they could tap into some of their older sounds since--well i think so anyway--they sound very different from americqan rock and such. i hope they haven't lost it *nods*

as for their look, both are awesome but it's easier to to express your fandom to those who aren't familiar with visual kei when the band has a casual look (they won't go around thinking you're into girls or girly looking guys)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:53 am
I can't completely choose one or the other. I just like Diru any which way.

and I know I already replied, but I just had to again.  

Wataru_is_love

The Aghast

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:55 pm
I just wish they would start being happy again.
I miss it when they would goof off and do stuff you wouldn't expect them to now.  
The Unoffical Dir en grey Gaia Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games