Reply Gundam
F91 Released: What the Hell's Wrong with This Thing? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Swordoath Omega

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:04 pm
Okay, I grabbed my preordered copy of F91 from the store today and took it home. Popped it in and was thoroughly enjoying myself, when all of a sudden, the disc starts skipping. I'm about 3/4 through the damned thing, and I can't get the bugger to work (I haven't tried Disc 2 yet, but that's besides the point). The trailers don't work either. What the hell?

And, to top it all off, the freakin' booklet's missing out of the front! Argh!

I'm watching it on my PS2. I haven't had any problems watching my other Gundam DVDs or any other titles on it. Basically what I want to know is, what the hell do I do? I already sent them an email about the missing booklet (I like to have a complete package) -- do you think my DVD is fudged? Does Bandai have a manufacturing defect warranty?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:59 am
How about that? Seems it doesn't like to be played on a PS2 ... it works fine in a normal DVD player. Go figure. I wonder why this is the only DVD that won't play in my PS2 ... ?

I still want my book, though.  

Swordoath Omega

Stray Bullet Shani

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:04 am
No booklet for you!

I saw F91 on a bigscreen at Otakon, I was sitting up in the front row.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:38 am
F91 is out? ~kicks PLAYUSA~ I can only order from playusa because paypal won't let me verify my account. PlayUSA don't even have DVD1 of seed - although they strangely have #2.  

Ophiuchus
Captain

Swordoath Omega

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:24 pm
Shani wants griphephtan

Damn ... that must've been awesome. *imagines*

Ophiuchus
I can only order from playusa because paypal won't let me verify my account.

Hm ... well, I just went to my local comic shop and said "Hey, I wanna preorder some stuff," and they said "We'd be happy to take your preorder, because we know how much it means to you to get your mitts on the latest UC Gundam."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:45 am
F91 is out?!

Huzzah! Now I can see Jegans get killed some more!  

Starcloud

5,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150

Stray Bullet Shani

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:34 am
Swordoath Omega
Shani wants griphephtan

Damn ... that must've been awesome. *imagines*

Heh, well, my neck hurt a bit afterwards; I guess it's my fault for sitting all the way up front.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:07 pm
Maybe it's how you have your PS2 hooked up...... alot of DVD's now adays are like that...... because you can hook the PS2 to your VCR it reads as you trying to make an illegal copy of it.....  

Unmei_no_LaLuna

ChibiDuo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:36 pm
Laluna_Wulf
Maybe it's how you have your PS2 hooked up...... alot of DVD's now adays are like that...... because you can hook the PS2 to your VCR it reads as you trying to make an illegal copy of it.....

I remember my PS2 hated my Gundam 08th Team volume 2 disc, but then I got the updated drivers disc with the DVD remote, and it worked fine after that.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:54 am
Laluna_Wulf

My PS2 is hooked directly into a system monitor. It has no tuner, no VCR, nothing hooked up into it. The monitor turns on and the only signal it receives is the PS2 signal.  

Swordoath Omega

Swordoath Omega

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:31 pm
ChibiDuo
I remember my PS2 hated my Gundam 08th Team volume 2 disc, but then I got the updated drivers disc with the DVD remote, and it worked fine after that.

*blink* Updated Drivers? hmm ... I wonder.

Anyway, I just got an email back from Bandai. Apparently they never made a booklet to go with F91, so no loss. Although, if that was the case, I don't know why they packaged it in a case with a "page insert" for the second disc (the kind that hinges into the center) ... wouldn't it have been less confusing to put it in the cases that have the disc holders on the opposite sides of the case?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:12 am
Swordoath Omega
ChibiDuo

*blink* Updated Drivers? hmm ... I wonder.

Anyway, I just got an email back from Bandai. Apparently they never made a booklet to go with F91, so no loss. Although, if that was the case, I don't know why they packaged it in a case with a "page insert" for the second disc (the kind that hinges into the center) ... wouldn't it have been less confusing to put it in the cases that have the disc holders on the opposite sides of the case?

do they even make those kinda cases?  

Unmei_no_LaLuna

Swordoath Omega

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:18 am
Laluna_Wulf
do they even make those kinda cases?

Case-age  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:43 am
They don't do that because they have tons of normal boxes already done - cheaper to use one type.  

Cagalli Yura Attha
Crew

Swordoath Omega

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:33 am
Cagalli Yura Attha
They don't do that because they have tons of normal boxes already done - cheaper to use one type.

I guess -- but I still think it looks empty without something there. I think it needs something to spice it up.

I could buy one of the other type of case and throw it in, I suppose ... or I could try to find a Gundam-related small booklet that'll fit and put that in.  
Gundam

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff