Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fix Offers On Gaia!

Back to Guilds

This guild was created to help Gaians speak up about the offers. 

Reply Safer Offers
All returning and new members of the guild: Read This! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you an Active, Returning, or New Member?
Active
27%
 27%  [ 17 ]
Returning
37%
 37%  [ 23 ]
New
35%
 35%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 62

GigaForte
Vice Captain

4,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:09 am
Okay. Starting the evening of July 28, we... well, Asma and Dentelle, have started the effort to nudge people back into the guild. This means we have a lot of people who have missed some very important information. So, I'm just going to lay out some of the big things we've discovered in the order we found them out, along with some topics we've pretty much decided as a guild.

The first thing you should do is read the following threads:
Guild Code Of Conduct
The Daily Riot

Next, our Guild's Mission Statement. If you feel that it doesn't adequately express your views, leave a post.

Go Here to view the Guild Mission Statement

Before I go any further, it is assumed that you know that Getgambit is the company that runs the offers and how the system works.

Okay. next up is the first bit of important information. Pretty much, everyone on this guild has the right to know this. However, this information is very, very sensitive and must not be leaked outside of this guild. It is made very clear in the first posts of the thread I am about to link you to that leaking the info will result in banning from the guild and possibly action from gaia.

Go Here to view the Secret info

Next up, We've had problems with trolls in the past. I will not mention names. However, if you've browsed at all, you might have visited Dentelle's IMPORTANT announcement. One of the trolls made a guild to discredit ours.

That guild has been shut down. The previous owner (the troll) was banned from gaia (at least temporarily) and the vice captain took our advice and completely shut the guild down. It is no longer a threat to us. The current owner is a cooperative member of this guild, not a troll. Treat her with respect.

Finally, we have recently had a conversation with a Getgambit employee. From him, we learned that Gaia has the ability to filter the offers, and that it's automatic. Pretty much, if gaia marks an offer to be removed, it simply does not show up on gaia anymore.

To read the conversation we had with the getGambit employee, follow the link below:
Chat with GetGambit Employee

Finally, this is a hidden guild. People who are not members cannot look at these pages for a reason, the first of which being that we have dangerous information. If something is marked as secret or do-not-share, respect that.

A NOTE: Before you make a thread, make sure it's in the correct subforum (if it belongs in one) and make sure there's not already a sticky or another thread with the same topic.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:23 am
I should point out that we weren't really trying to get more activity...but it's awesome to have. This started as an attempt to clean out the massive amount of inactive users.  

AsmaClementine
Crew

la dentelle
Vice Captain

Feline Demigod

23,725 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:24 am
One other big issue- I figure it needs to be very visible, as it's been a problem before:

We don't harass the staff.

WE. DO. NOT. HARASS. THE. STAFF.

If you do so, I will give you a warning- and if you continue in that way, I /will/ ban you.

And the staff, in your minds, includes the crew. If we aren't revealing something, it's because it's not safe for us too- and we will in due time.

(sorry to steal your thunder, Giga, but I needed to make it clear. )

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:51 am
XD Don't worry about it. I was a bit iffy about making this an announcement to begin with.  

GigaForte
Vice Captain

4,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

AsmaClementine
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:53 am
I think it's good you did, otherwise they wouldn't see it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:54 pm
Well Said.
Ha, i don't really have anything to say because you pretty much said it. sweatdrop  

Wings-of-Ash
Crew

AsmaClementine
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:31 pm
It concerns me that only crew members have posted in here so far....are the new people not seeing it?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:40 pm
AsmaClementine
It concerns me that only crew members have posted in here so far....are the new people not seeing it?

I know. I keep having to send people here to catch up.
Maybe we should put it on the guild home page?

User Image

la dentelle
Vice Captain

Feline Demigod

23,725 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100

AsmaClementine
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:41 pm
I dunno if people will see it there either...I think people don't read.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:49 pm
AsmaClementine
I dunno if people will see it there either...I think people don't read.

I have a really insane idea.
We could put up a page with as many exclamation points and capital letters as possible, with the bare essentials of the recap to read, and people would have to post a specific word in a different thread, you know- their name backwards, some numbers, or the like- and we would change it everyday, so we'd know when people were just copying others.

User Image

la dentelle
Vice Captain

Feline Demigod

23,725 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100

GigaForte
Vice Captain

4,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:17 pm
Personally, I think violence is the answer.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:23 pm
GigaForte
Personally, I think violence is the answer.

Now, now, violence is only used after all of our minions are dead.

User Image

la dentelle
Vice Captain

Feline Demigod

23,725 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100

Mysticmorte

Dapper Prophet

3,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:22 am
I have always wondered about the Getgambits way of Adverting, I guess its a good thing Firefox blocks ads. Thanks for informing us.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:51 pm
I love, love, love my firefox ad blocker. It's become very close to me as of late.  

AsmaClementine
Crew

LuLu Saneless

2,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:10 pm
Read and understood. Just to clear your minds a smidgen.  
Safer Offers

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff